Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley19 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Apr 24, 2006, 01:13 AM
    Travel And Crime
    Me and my b/f are hoping to travel to Florida from ireland. He has a prior record for possession of drugs (marajuana) I've heard they won't let you in with a drugs record but I also know people who hae travelled over and let in the u.s... has anyone got any experience with this??
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2006, 02:55 AM
    I've never heard that. Are you talking about a personal amount of pot, or was it a boatload?

If you have proper travel paperwork, then I don't see how anyone would know about it.

If you don't get a specific answer here, I'd ask a local travel agent; I'd bet you're not the first to ask - and I'd think they'd be a good source.

Apr 24, 2006, 03:52 AM
    It was a personal amount.. I heard it they won't let u travel to the u.s if you have a drug record..? maybe am wrong?? Ill take your advice and ask in the travel agents... thanks xxx
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2006, 03:55 AM
    I think you should have no fear. It would take quite some doing to have a worldwide "list" of people who have minor pot charges against them.

Apr 24, 2006, 04:01 AM
    That's what I thought too, but it could aybe be done through your passsport... well hopefully not cause my grandma really wants to meet him
    Thanks rickj

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crime lab technicians [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have this science project due the 11th and its about crime lab technicians, their salary, job description, lab equipment,where they would work, requirements for the job,and other info. But I can't find anything at all!! Hurry please!!

Is it a crime? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm really curious, recently, my parents threw me out. (actually about 5 times in the last year). Right now I'm only 17. 4 of the times they threw me out, they didn't provide a place for me to live. Their lawyer told them they didn't have to let me stay there once I was 16. Is this true?

Economics of crime (benefits?) [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Experts, Thanks for your time. I have a theory I'm developing for a chapter in a book I've written. The protagonist rationalizes a murder he is about to commit though cost benefit analysis. Mainly crime and human fault create jobs to a certain degree. Too much crime is never good for...

Crime Pays? [ 3 Answers ]

I read this article today on CNet News,and could'nt believe my eyes.Whilst not wishing to sound pro-Microsoft,or anti-Microsoft,I now find myself lost for words.A 'huge' fine,has now been reduced to 225 community service.Without sounding cynical,is this tactical? ...

Charged w/ a crime [ 1 Answers ]

In order for these charges to "stick" the "victim" must enter a formal complaint and in some cases must be present in any and/or all hearings. You also have a legal right to know your accuser, it is part of due process... somewhere among this you must have an idea why and how this has happened. I...

View more questions Search