Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gypsyjt Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Toilet will not refill
    When you flush the toilet, the tank will not refill. Do we need to replace the part that is in there?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2008, 09:15 AM
    See the images below and tell us which type is your ballcock inside your tank, and give us some more info after flush is the water coming into tank,does it run and don't stop or just tank would not refill, you may need to adjust the water level, please tell us about the ballcocks, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

gypsyjt Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 09:27 AM
    400A.

The tank will not fill. I pushed down on the thing and now it is up higher than the tank. If I push it toward the back bubbles form at the bottom and the tank will fill very slowly as I hold it there. No water comes out of the tube that goes into the refill thing.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 21, 2008, 10:38 AM
    OK Gypsy,
    Time to get down to specifics. Are you talking about a float ball (image #2)or a can, (image #1) when to talk about pushing down or lifting? We can't help if we don't have any details to work with. Soooo, give us some details to work with.Regards, Tom
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Close the angle valve under the tank, press down the fill valve top cap and turn it counter clockwise remove the fill valve cap cover, inspect the washer for wear or cracks. If bad replace it Replacing a bad washer is cheap and easy, if you decide to hunt for a washer, remove it and take it to the store to find a match.

If the washer looks good turn it over and install it

Before installing the washer you need to flush the fill valve, Cover the valve with your hand. Turn on the water (cautiously, so you don’t get a cold shower!) and let it flush out the valve for a few seconds.

Check the tank water level, it should be at the mark in the tank or 3/8 to 1/2" below the top of the over flow tube when the tank is filled and the ballcock shut down
    Attached Images

Eternal Plumber

Aug 22, 2008, 05:17 AM
    John's assuming that you have a FluidMaster Ballcock (see his image) But he mixed instructions for a regular ball cock and a FluidMaster. While you can reverse a washer in a regular ball cock you must replace a FluidMaster washer. We still don't know what ballcock that you have so it'd going to be difficult to advise you. How about answering our questions. Regards, Tom
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Thanks tom for correcting me yes I did, I think I put too many words in there, I bleive on his post #3 he indicated that his ballcock is 400A which is the fluid master, yes you are correct on this type ballcocks the washer to be inspected if any wear or crack should be replaced, Thanks.

Regards,
    John
    plumber_boi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 01:43 AM
    Fluidmaster, Brasscraft, and Hydroclean are all the same basic design though.
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 23, 2008, 04:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by plumber_boi
    Fluidmaster, Brasscraft, and Hydroclean are all the same basic design though.
    And that helps the asker how?
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 23, 2008, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by afaroo
    Thanks tom for correcting me yes I did, I think I put too many words in there, I bleive on his post #3 he indicated that his ballcock is 400A which is the fluid master, yes you are correct on this type ballcocks the washer to be inspected if any wear or crack should be replaced, Thanks.

Regards,
    John
    I didn't get that his ballcock was a Fluidmaster from
    The tank will not fill. I pushed down on the thing and now it is up higher than the tank. If I push it toward the back bubbles form at the bottom and the tank will fill very slowly as I hold it there. No water comes out of the tube that goes into the refill thing.
    I'm stiill waiting for him to let us know. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

Refill My ink cartridges [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know how to refilll the ink cartridges for my Brother MFC-240C? I have a refill kit, but its not listed in the refill directions and have no idea where to make the hole. Any assistance would be great. Thanks Nike

Water will not refill/ ball will not align in toilet [ 7 Answers ]

I have an ancient toilet,(1963 Elger model), which will not fill, and the ball isn''t dropping Into the hole. I got an elger touch up kit but no luck. I have tried "Playing"" with the alignment for the ball drop, while the replacement parts don''t seem toi work. Time for a New toilet or what? I...

Toilet bowl does not refill after flush [ 1 Answers ]

The toilet flushes OK, but the water level is real low in the bowl after the flush. What is the problem?

View more questions Search