Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley19 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Apr 24, 2006, 12:45 AM
    Is sex different?
    Hi room I was just wondering if you feel different inside when your pregnant. Me and boyfriend had sex last night and he said I felt different he could not really describe it but he said it was like there was more friction and stickyness,, is this due to pregnancy or something else??
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 24, 2006, 09:21 AM
    Ashley, there are some instances when it feels different inside of you-to a man. I've had my man tell me it feels like there is a "wall" that he can't get through when we were having sex and I was pregnant.
    You will never know until you take the test. There are tests you can take at least one week prior to your normal period time.
    Don't know how accurate they are, but are kind of expensive ($20-$25). I recommend waiting until you are late (at least a week or two). Don't waste your money otherwise.
    If you keep stressing about being pregnant, you are going to be late.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2006, 01:09 PM
    It could also simply be a difference in stimulation and lubrication.

This is a guys perspective.

There are times when it can feel more wet, and even more... hmmmm... hard to describe. Think of "plush" like a pillow, like the walls feel thicker and denser. And wetter doesn't always mean the "plush", "thicker" sensation.

I can't tell you whether this change is tied to pregnant... but I can say there can be, in my experience, changes in the sensations that are not due to pregnant. And even not consistent when the woman is aroused.
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Apr 24, 2006, 01:10 PM
    I am amazed at the number of girls on here that are actively having sex yet do not know what it takes to get pregnant. If you were on the pill and he was wearing a condom, you wouldnt have to guess!
    Pregnancy tests in the US are from $6 and up. Go to Walmart.
    Things do not feel different inside unless you are highly sensitive to your feelings, which Im guessing your not since your boyfriend said you felt different, not you.
    At different times your vagina feels different to a man. When you are menstrating, it is hotter, wetter and tighter. When you are ovulating it is slicker, often tastes different, and you usually have more ejaculate. Before your period you might feel more sensitive, taste more ironish and be looser. All normal vaginal states of being.
    But please, wear a condom, take the pill, use a diaphram. If you dont know the answers on how you get pregnant will you know the answers on giving birth and raising a baby?
    Condoms are cheap, kids cost a lifetime.

Hypatia

Apr 24, 2006, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia
    I am amazed at the number of girls on here that are actively having sex yet do not know what it takes to get pregnant. If you were on the pill and he was wearing a condom, you wouldnt have to guess!
    Pregnancy tests in the US are from $6 and up. Go to Walmart.
    Things do not feel different inside unless you are highly sensitive to your feelings, which Im guessing your not since your boyfriend said you felt different, not you.
    At different times your vagina feels different to a man. When you are menstrating, it is hotter, wetter and tighter. When you are ovulating it is slicker, often tastes different, and you usually have more ejaculate. Before your period you might feel more sensitive, taste more ironish and be looser. All normal vaginal states of being.
    But please, wear a condom, take the pill, use a diaphram. If you dont know the answers on how you get pregnant will you know the answers on giving birth and raising a baby?
    Condoms are cheap, kids cost a lifetime.

Hypatia
    Whoa, whoa Hypatia. The girl is looking for some support, not a lecture. Although most of us feel strongly when telling her to be careful, she is young and looking for help. When people talk to young people like this, it makes them want it even more (you know, like when your parents tell you not to do something and it makes you want to do it even more... ) Trust me. Plus, I don't see any other girls except for the original post that was put here who doesn't know what it takes to get pregnant.

As for Ashly,Although I was very young, I would like to share my hardships with this you to give you an example of how hard it is with babies. I am a truly walking example-except I am a hard worker, not on welfare, and am making it. Babies are beautiful and wonderful-but require a lot of attention and yes, they are costly. If you are only 19 years old, I swear to you it will be in your best interest to wait.
    Do you have any friends with Kid(s)? I suggest babysitting them for one night overnight, or maybe even a weekend and see how you feel the next day. Have your boyfriend join in with you and see how great you two get along after it's all over (and during). If he is as young as you are (or heck, even between the ages of 18-30), I promise you he is not going to want to have a baby and he will eventually let you go. Take care of yourself, take care of your future. Have things lines up for yourself before you have a baby.

Apr 24, 2006, 02:03 PM
    The way I see it is every answer so far is a polite answer. Now she has great polite answers and some real world advice. It is great to tiptoe but someone needs to tell her the truth in its entirety. We all who have kids are thinking it, Im saying it.
    If she doesnt understand how these sexual functions work then maybe she needs to think about learning before trying.

It feels great to orgasm but it sicks to miss a period.

Hypatia

Apr 24, 2006, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia
    The way I see it is every answer so far is a polite answer. Now she has great polite answers and some real world advice. It is great to tiptoe but someone needs to tell her the truth in its entirety. We all who have kids are thinking it, Im saying it.
    If she doesnt understand how these sexual functions work then maybe she needs to think about learning before trying.

It feels great to orgasm but it sicks to miss a period.

Hypatia
    Amen to that. I hear what you are saying. And I am with you 100% (whether you care or not)-I just know how hard it is to get younger people to listen, especially in this situation. Like I said I am a walking example of what she could become-Not that there is anything wrong with me, just that it is so hard.

Apr 24, 2006, 04:53 PM
    EXCUSE me! Hypathia, I came here for a bit of advice you do not know me nor do you know my whole situation. You should not judge people like you have just done unless you know every detail. You here 19 who thinks she is pregnant and you automatically think dumb girl does bot know what conterception is. I was on the pill for your information and I have sex responsibly.. and hypathia if you think people of my age will listen to comments like that and learn something, you're a fool.. All I've learned from that comment is that you are a judgemental and ignorant person
    In every sentence you have wrote you have judged me and I don't appreciate it.
    If everyone else agree's with this women I have made a mistake in joining this site.

Apr 24, 2006, 05:04 PM
    I WANT TO APOLIGISE TO HYPATHIA that post was a bit strong and uncalled for.. it was just not what I needed to hear at all..
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Apr 24, 2006, 06:01 PM
    Ashley,

Am I missing something? You didn't ask anything about getting pregnant or if you could be pregnant, did you? Didn't you ask if it felt different WHEN you ARE pregnant? If this is the case then I will agree that yes it can feel different, but for different reasons. This is also something that you might not feel but your boyfriend might. Hormones and excitement make the biggest difference as to what your vagina might feel like. My husband has never said anything but I know there are times it can feel fuller, dryer, wetter, etc. Like I said, all depending on hormones and excitement. Your body reacts to everything.

Just a side note: I'm new here and maybe don't follow all of the conversations like others but, are you 19? I don't think it matters how old you are, if you need advice or support you have to ask somewhere. I am 29 years old and I had my first child when I was 17. I know what it means to need support. If you ever want to talk privately feel free to send me a private message. I think that no matter how old you are, if you are pregnant, you are pregnant. That's it! You can't undo it, it's done. There is no point in people harping on you or preaching at you now. What this baby needs is a positive environment to grow in. When I went to my mom and told her I was pregnant when I was 16 she said "a baby is never a bad thing". My parents were just about to start divorce proceedings at the time and my baby was actually something good to look forward to. I think you have been blessed with this baby for a reason. My boyfriend at the time is now my husband. We now have 5 children and our relationship is getting better everyday. He used to be quite hurtful, but I think as he's matured (we both have), he has gotten much better. No one's relationship is perfect no matter what they tell you. Everyone has some problems in their life and I think it makes people feel better to point out everyone else's. There is hope for you and your soon-to-be family. I wouldn't give up on this group. Most of them from what I can see only want to offer you the best advice they can give. For the few that can be a little rough around the edges, well all I can say is take the best and leave out the rest. Take care of you and that baby. Like I said if you ever want to talk or have any questions feel free to message me.

Apr 24, 2006, 06:12 PM
    That was the nicest post ever.. in an earlier post I was not sure if I was pregnant I'm 2 weeks late now and have symptoms,previous tests were all negative taking another test on Wednesday to find out for sure. My post was not very clear about the different feeling because I could not explain it nor could he it was just very different.. thank u 4 sharing your experience and understanding my situation... really really really needed a possitive post seen hypatias and burst into tears of rage and sadness... so emotionally today! But really thanks for that. I'll prob take you up on that offer
    Xxx
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Apr 24, 2006, 09:02 PM
    LOL, I just responded to another one of your posts asking if you found out yet. So funny. Anyway, I'm glad I could help and feel free to message me anytime. I try to come on at least once a day. Take care
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Apr 24, 2006, 10:45 PM
    We on this board have a tendency to let our emotions get the best of us from time to time. Ashley is 19 and in the u.s. seen as an adult. She is not 15 and pregnant she's able to make her own decisions and has lived this long being a resposible young adult. I don't believe that any of us are her mother or have the right to judge her based on a question that we've all had at some point in time. The only difference between us asking our mothers or our older friends or relatives is that we don't honestly know her the way we would know them. I would like to remind people that we've all made mistakes and our worst critic is ourselves. That said...

Ashley,
    Most of the time at some point during pregnancy it will feel different for the both of you. This is due to the excess blood volume in the woman's genitals. Typically this won't happen until later in pregnancy. It will also change during ovulation due to the change in cervical mucus. You are probably either close to ovulation or close to your period. You should check out this site to help you keep track of your period. It helped me when I was avoiding conception, but with the same partner. For everyone's information I'm 27. The only one responsible for your pregnancy or lack there of is going to be you. We would all love to have our other half there with us but sometimes that just isn't the case. I would just ask you to keep this in mind, not saying that this is your case. I hope all goes well with you and you get what you want and need. That site is www.mymonthlycycles.com I think that's the site. If not you should be able to run a search for the site. Good luck and if you want you can private message me. Talk to you later.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 25, 2006, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley19
    hi room i was just wondering if you feel different inside when your pregnant. me and bf had sex last night and he said i felt different he could not really discribe it but he said it was like there was more friction and stickyness,,,is this due to pregnancy or something else???
    http://www.askdramy.com/

Hi dear, above is a keen site for you to check. It will help you along the way to explain your symptoms, stages, and other things of interest. If you are pregnant, then please make sure that you see your doctor as soon as possible. Also, if you have pets, or pets as neighbors, you need to let your doctor know so that he can do a test to make sure you and the baby are going fine and not have to worry about worms.

I hope all is well, and that you will get to know your body better, even if you are not pregnant at this time, there might be other reasons for your boyfriend feeling the difference. Once you get to know your body better, and explain it to him, he will be rid of any strangeness and doubt.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Apr 25, 2006, 01:55 PM
    Im sorry if some of you feel my answer was rough. We are all allowed an opinion and just because you do not agree does not make the advice less valuable.

Hypatia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search