Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Aug 21, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Biaxin for sinus infection?
    Hello, about two weeks ago I was taking Biaxin 500MG for acute bronchitis. I stopped taking it when my bronchitis went away. For the past week-almost two- I have been suffering from a HORRIBLE sinus infection. I was wondering if I could start taking my Biaxin to maybe treat it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 06:50 AM
    You will have to go back to the doctor. NEVER stop taking your medication just because you feel better. The bacteria is not quite eradicated yet, rather it goes into a dormant period before it dies. If you stop taking your meds before the prescribed (usually 10 days) time, the illness will come back and usually in a more serious condition requiring different medication.

Quitting medication before the prescribed time is one reason we have bacteria that has become resistant to some medications.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sinus Infection in the Brain [ 9 Answers ]

My mom was in the hospital about a year ago, with a Sinus Infection that reached her brain. She was there for a week, and they gave her two weeks worth of antibiotics, and told her to go see her neurologist. Problem is, that 2 years ago, she lost her job after being there for 12 years(corporate...

My 4yr has been sick since early December, Sinus infection? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, everyone I need some help. My 4yr old daughter has been sick since early December, called the Dr. with questions, as well as taking her in to see him. He gave her a decongestant with a cough medicine but I am concerned she has a sinus infection. He said no, this child has been...

Sinus infection with a purple not on cheek.is that common [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal to have a swollen purple bump on your cheek from a sinus infection?

Sinus [ 1 Answers ]

DEAR SIR, From past one year I have terrible headache and also body pain ,sore throat , breathing problem, bad breath coming from nose and mouth. When I start to speak to my friend they avoiding me because of my bad breath from mouth and nose. Palese help me from this . ...

Sinus infection? [ 2 Answers ]

This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I think I have a sinus infection, my ears are constantly clogged and feel like they need to pop, and my head hurts so bad in the back, top, front, and sides, it hurts worse when I bend down to fast like a thumping pain. The only problem is my...

View more questions Search