Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Whiplash_89 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2003, 11:54 AM
    Internet Explorer 6.0 Link Problem
    I have Internet Explorer 6.0 , and I had it for a very long time . I think ever since it came out. I have recently tried to upgrade it but it said I don't need to.

I also have a anti-pop up program called "stop-the-pop-up". I had this program for over 3 months.

Everything was working fine for a long time, and now all of a sudden when I click on a link the window pops up but nothing is in that window, there is no url or anything, just a window.

Why is this and how do I fix it?
    I don't think its because of the pop up blocker, because the links that open on the same window work fine but when it tries to open a new window , the window opens but there is nothing there

Thanks
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 15, 2003, 07:08 PM
    Hmm...

I don't think it is the popup blocker either. I used the same program back when I was using IE, and had no problems with it. That said, try disabling it and see if that makes a difference.

I suggest you try a different web browser to narrow down the possibilities. I recommed Mozilla (http://www.mozilla.org), it is faster, smarter, and downright better than Internet Explorer. It has smart integrated pop-up blocking (no more holding down the control key!), banner ad blocking, cookie control, etc.
    There is also Mozilla Firebird, which is a redesign of the Mozilla interface (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/fire...ase-notes.html). It is still in beta, but I have not encountered a single bug. I use it as my default browser.

If you do not have the problem with firebird, then IE is probably your problem. You could either attempt to repair IE (I believe there is a repair option in the control panel) or just stick with Mozilla. These kind of enigmatic problems are hard to track down in windows.

~psi42

Jul 15, 2003, 08:25 PM
    Thanks ill try mozilla, I don't know why but it makes me happy to see that you used the same program and you did the same ctrl thing as I do

Jul 15, 2003, 08:33 PM
    Mozilla is working, so I guess the problem was in explorer. Thanks it also seems to be working faster
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 16, 2003, 10:36 AM
    Glad I could help. If you still want/need to get explorer working, I'm sure someone could help.:)

~psi42
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2003, 09:25 AM
    Have you gone into the Control Panel - - Add / Remove Programs - - Located Microsoft Internet Explorer & choose Remove? Now choose Repair.

If that does not work - when you open this new window & you say it is blank. What is in the address bar? Have you looked at the source code to see what was in there? Does refresh work?

Jul 17, 2003, 09:38 AM
    No I have not done that yet, for now I am happy with mozilla, but the address bar does not have any url in it, it just pops up blank

It works with mozilla though

Jul 17, 2003, 09:43 AM
    I would recommend trying the repair. Also maybe provide a URL to a problem page & the link & hopefully we can fix the problem.

Do you also go to the Windows UPdate page every so often to see if you have the current patches / updates?

Thanks!

Jul 17, 2003, 09:54 AM
    I tried downloading the ltest version of internet explorer but it said I did not need it

This isone of the pages which does not work, just click on any of the pics

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=Porsche%20944

Jul 17, 2003, 10:07 AM
    Don't try to download the IE. You have 6.0 and 6.0 is what you are downloading.

Go to start - Windows Update to have your system scanned. Also do what I recommended about repairing IE.

As far as the one web site that you provided, it is because he is using a space in his javascript coding. So the IE browser is having a difficult time reading 575.

Jul 20, 2003, 12:42 PM
    Thanks I upgraded it and it works now, but I'm going to use mozilla, the web site that I used earlier worked on mozilla anyway... thanx though

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer [ 7 Answers ]

When I Click on IE it comes up but then goes blank what can I do I can't access it at all... Okay I click on internet explorer and it comes up then the whole pages just vanishes... I have broadband and I can get in internet through AOL... Not sure what the problem is

Problem with Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I type an address without http:// I receive an error message. I can't just type www.whatever.com to go to that site. I have to type http://www.whatever.com. I have to do this for every site I want to visit. Can someone help please.

Internet Explorer Images Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Why won't images automatically open when I do any searches on anything, via IE, I have to right click on everything except text?

Problem with internet explorer [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I have been getting disconnected from the internet (every 10-20 minutes) with the message "microsoft ie has encountered a problem and needs to close." Appname: iexplore.exe modver: 6.0.2800.1170 appver: 6.0.2800.1106 offset: 000b4430 modname: mshtml.dll Any idea how to fix the...

Problem with internet explorer [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I have been getting disconnected from the internet (every 10-20 minutes) with the message "microsoft ie has encountered a problem and needs to close." Appname: iexplore.exe

View more questions Search