Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skyleezy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2006, 07:44 PM
    Domestic violence
    By law, do I still have to testify against my boyfriend if we get married.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 23, 2006, 07:57 PM
    Yes since you were not married at the time of the crime.

But why in the world would you want to marry someone that has done domestic violence against you. I would recomeend that you get professional help as soon as possible.

You do not >>>>> NO NOT want to to marry someone or or even remain with them if they are physcilly abusive against you.
    MELI1821 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 01:12 PM

My spouse and I had a domestic situation about 4 years ago. He hit me. I went to the ER my sister in law called the police and I gave my statement. I pressed no charges. The Sheriff's office where I live came to our house about 3 weeks later and took him to jail. I bailed him out the next day. The district attorney pressed charges against him and he did a 1 year sentence on paper. We stayed together after all of this however, the fighting never stopped. We are now divorced. If you want to keep your LOSER I would suggest both of you get counseling before you'll move into together and start seeing each other again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domestic violence [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend was dealing with a lot of self issues, his self esteem was real low because he was having problems finding a job, he didn't like the fact that I was the bread winner, and he was falling deep in love with me and didn't know how to deal with it, so he went out and got high on crystal...

Restraining Order - Repeat Violence [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who has a restraining order against him and he has asked me To go speak to the person who ordered the restraining order and ask that Person to drop the order because he says it is my fault that it was placed on Him. I am afraid if I do that according to Florida law this would be...

Domestic Help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I need the contact no. of organisation in kolkata who provides reliable domestic help on part time/full time basis. Location may be kolkata or outside kolkata.. Please help.

DBA and Domestic Partners [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My registered domestic partner and myself are starting a small business in California. We are trying to file our DBA paperwork - but we don't know how. There is no category for domestic partners - only husband and wife, co-partners, etc. Does anybody know how we should file? Thanks!

Virtual Violence [ 5 Answers ]

I was just reading what rickj posted on boycotting and I got to thinking (not about boycotting but it sparked my train of thought). First, how many of you oppose violent videogames? Pretty much all of you either have or want children, and that's where I think this question ties in, Now my next...

View more questions Search