Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maddies Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2006, 07:00 PM
    15 week old puppie
    My puppy refuses to eat her dry food, should l keep changing foods until l find one she enjoys?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2006, 05:26 AM
    Hi, Maddies,
    I am a 64 yrs old dog lover, but not a Professional in that area. I've raised dogs all my life so far, and they become part of the family!
    One reason puppies (and dogs) refuse to eat is because they are full of energy, not ready to eat. Do you take your puppy out for a brisk 45 min. walk every day? Or let her play in the back yard, running with her, to run off all that energy? She is more likely to eat when she has had some good exercise.
    Any good dry puppy food should do the trick. Put it down in the morning, give her maybe 30 minutes to decide if she wants it. If not, pick it back up, and put it down again in the evening. The bag will tell how how much to feed.
    I wouldn't keep buying new foods. She will eat anything, if she gets hungry from exercising!

As a new puppy owner, I highly recommend a video by Ceaser Millan, a Professional Dog Behaviorist. He rehabilitates dogs, and trains people.

He has his own TV program, the Dog Whisperer, on the NGEO (National Geographic) channel, on Friday nights mainly, but also comes on some other days. This video is available from:
    http://www.dogpsychologycenter.com/
    I also ordered his new book, "Ceaser's Way", from Walmart online, around $15 US, and it's very good!

There are other good videos available on the web, but this one is really worth your attention.
    If you get NGEO and get a chance, watch one of Ceaser's programs... you will be Hooked, big time! He explains all about eating after exercising. Best wishes.
    Mrspeel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2006, 01:50 PM
    Hi there Maddies :)

Has she lost her appetite completely?

It might be worth checking for worms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is once a week enough for abs? [ 4 Answers ]

I have heard you can work your abs max 3 times a week. About 5 days ago I did a killer ab workout and my abs are still a little sore. Should I work them if they are sore? Is Once a week enough?

How can l get my puppie to stop biting? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 16 week old Maltese puppie she seems to be constantly nipping at everyone in my family example hands and hem of there pants, we are not initiating rough play.

7 week old GSD won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

We just brought home a 7-week old GSD and he has a wonderful temperament but he hardly eats at all during the day, vomited once (on the first full day that he was home), and has had nothing but diarrhea and urine come out of him. He also sleeps about 90% of the time during the day. We have been...

New Daschund puppie [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have an Alsatian X St Bernard, Miniature Pincher X Yorkie, Jack Russel and we recently added a 10 week old Daschund pup to our family. I desperately need advice on the following PLEASE: 1. The correct diet for the pup (I heard that they need more calcium because of their backs);...

Dachshund puppie won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

:mad: I have a 4 months old puppie. One day he eats and the following day he doesn't. I'm giving him Nutra nugget for puppies. I've tried EVERYTHING. I've mixed his food with a bit of milk or with grounded meat or with can food (PEDIGREE) for puppies. At first he would eat it gladly but then...

View more questions Search