Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrs_Estrada Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 06:25 PM
    In wall extension cord?
    We had our TV mounted and installed a month ago and the installer said I should get an in wall extension cord because I couldn't run the tv's power cord through the wall. But when I googled the in wall extension cords it said that they weren't permanent fixes. What do I do to conceal the TV power cord?
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2008, 06:31 PM
    There is a product called wire mold... it attaches to the wall, the wire fits in it, and there is a cover to conceal the wire. It can be painted to match the room color... that's one option.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Aug 20, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Install the receptacle behind the TV.
    Arlington Industries makes boxes specifically for this application.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

15 amp extension cord to plug in 20 amp equipment? [ 22 Answers ]

I need to know if I can convert a 15 amp extension cord to plug in 20 amp equipment (temporary). The plug on the equipment has one fin turned perpendicular to the other. Is there an adapter for this?

Direct burial extension cord [ 3 Answers ]

I have put up outdoor xmas lights around my yard. They look great and I plan on leaving them there year round. The question is how to get power to them. Right now I have run extension cords from an outdoor outlet to several different starting points for the light strings around the yard. But...

Make uf extension cord [ 3 Answers ]

Since outdoor extension cords should not be buried, can you make a uf cable "extension" cord to plug into a ground fault outdoor outlet and then bury it?

Very long outdoor extension cord? [ 7 Answers ]

I need to run an eletrical extension cord anywhere between 250 to 350 feet to run a mini dorm refrig, a light and radio. I will connect it to a outlet in my house which is that far away. Any ideas if this is possible and what type of cord I would need. Thanks a bunch for any help. ...

Very long outdoor extension cord? [ 9 Answers ]

I need to run an eletrical extension cord anywhere between 250 to 350 feet to run a mini dorm refrig, a light and radio. I will connect it to a outlet in my house which is that far away. Any ideas if this is possible and what type of cord I would need. Thanks a bunch for any help. ...

View more questions Search