Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Striplingmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Avid teen reader with poor comprehension
    I'm trying to help improve my 13 yo :confused: son's reading comprehension but don't know how, he is already and avid reader with a great vocabublary. What else can I do to help him
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Have him write an outline on what is the main point of the story with an outline of the stories main points and below list major/minor details.
    Then go over it with him and help him understand that maybe while what he put as a main point such and such might be a better point. Then go over the outline and help him see why something should be in another category.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make acrobat reader the default pdf reader [ 3 Answers ]

I've recently has some problems with Acrobat Reader which led me to install Foxit Reader making that my default pdf reader. Now, I 've resolved the problem with Acrobat Reader and managed to reinstall it successfully but I can't get it to be my default pdf viewer. What should I do?

Improving reading comprehension [ 2 Answers ]

I've been asked to speak to a junior high class on the importance of developing good reading habits. The goal of this task is not only to motivate the students to develop good habuts but also to provide at least 3 tips they can use. How would I go about writing a short presentation for such an...

Avid Romance Reader [ 2 Answers ]

Due To A Fire I Lost My Romance Book Collection One Book I Liked Was About A Woman With A Wheelchair Bound Daughter Who Runs A Tearoom Or A Restaurant She Was Dating Some Guy Who Was A Jerk And Left Her Because Of Her Daughter Now His Rich Dad Comes By Feeling Bad About How His Son Treated Her He...

How to become a reader [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my broblem is that , I can't sit to read a book , few munite before I feel boring So if any body may help me by giving some efficient advise or stratigies etc Thank u

View more questions Search