Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdavy_p Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Will upgrading hdd really make a difference?
    I'm currently using a WD100 (10GB with 2.61GB free) in my computer. I'm thinking about switching to a WD800 (80GB with only XP sp2 installed). Is there any real benefits to doing this since I also have a Maxtor 80GB (slave) installed? Will there be any noticable changes in performance?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Newer drives will have faster read/write access time, so in this case Yes

Personally I would switch to the 80gb drive as your main drive with operating system on it and use the 10gb hard drive as a slave drive for storage/programs etc..
    mechanickid Posts: 248, Reputation: 5

Aug 27, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Depends on what your reasoning is, is your computer running slowly? Taking a long time to load programs? What is your computers compleat stats? Ram? Processor? How old is it?

There could be any number of reasons your computer is running slowly,, however a quick fix is to reinstall windows, this will erase any settings you have but you will keep all personal files and such... I do recommend you back these up first.

What is the stats on the HD's? Depending on that I would do as seawk recommended also, but this is depending on the stats, most likely your 80gb is newer and therefore is problay better equipped for running as a main drive. Post the stats back and well see what we can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I balance my breaker box and How much of a difference can it make? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have found this site very helpful. Thanks. My question was that someone brought up that I should balance my breaker box to save on the electric bill. I understand the concept of it but was looking for more information about it. The house has 150 amp service just so everyne knows. ...

Does a dress make a difference? [ 20 Answers ]

It seems like when I wear a cute little dress and high heels, I get a lot more attention from men. They seem to treat me more like a lady... jump to open the door, etc. than when I am wearing pants w/ a top. Is there something to that? Do men really like women to look super feminine/girly? Is...

If I Take Plan B Later Than 12 Hours Will It Make A Difference? [ 2 Answers ]

Like three days ago I had sex but the condom ripped. Luckily the condom was spermicidal but we wanted take action anyway just in case so I got plan B and I took it at 7:30 am but I didn't get the chance to take it agein until around 9:00. Will it make any difference?:confused:

Does age make a difference? [ 31 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 27 year old f hanging out with a 17 year old m. the problem is... I'm confused about the age of consent in PA and what would happen to me? We have not had sex yet, we just hang out, but I love this guy and when we hang out age doesn't seem to matter at all! Everyone that hangs out...

View more questions Search