Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 20, 2008, 11:34 AM
    pool not level
    From a poster named Gidson sent to my e-mail address.

I just purchased a 14'X42" metal frame pool and we tried to level the pool as best we could in our small back yard. After the pool was filled most of the water went to one side. We are about 1/4 water less that does not cover the pump holes so we can't turn the pump on to get the pump to do what it is suppose to do because of the water level. Being that we spend $200 dollars on water is it possible to us to purchase a 3 ton car jack and put in under the board that we have under the pool to lean it toward where the water needs to be and then after we jack it up what can we put under it? Would sand bags be sufficient. Everything else seems to be fine and although the summer is almost over at least we can get a little use out of it. Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 20, 2008, 11:43 AM
    I doubt very much that a 3 ton jacket will do anything other than break your frame. Look at this chart Pounds Grams Kilograms
    Cubic cm. 0.002205 1 0.001
    Cubic inch 0.036127 16.387064 0.0163871
    Liter 2.204684 1000.028 1.000028
    Gallon 8.345404 3785.4118 3.7854118
    Cubic foot 62.42796 28316.847 28.316847

Just one cubic foot of water weights over 62 lbs and you have about 460 cubic feet. You are looking at over 30,000 lbs of water, it will not be moved. I am afraid there is no short cut to get this pool level without draining it.
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Aug 20, 2008, 06:51 PM
    BallengerB1 is correct 100%. Think about it, is it better to spend $200 for another truck of water, or have to buy another pool?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to level ground for a pool? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to level the ground in preparation for putting up a rectangular pool?

Level above ground pool [ 3 Answers ]

I have reviewed some answers re: leveling above ground Pools. I have used "all purpose sand" vs. "play/beach sand" Will this sand be OK before I actually lay down the ground liner?

How to level a pool [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 18' above ground pool. The type with the single blow up circle on top. I'm having trouble getting it level. These pools can be somewhat dangerous if they collapse. Can you please help? I'm getting so much advice from neighbors and all that I don't know what to do. Thank you

New pool Different water level [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased an above ground 28 ft pool and had it installed last year. This year the water level on one side is 6-7 inches shallower than the other. If you were standing near the intake for the filter and the water was up to your chest the level directly across would be around the belly...

How can I level my above ground pool? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I bought a pool last year, I think its about 14', its not one of those super nice ones with the deck attached or anything, just one of those 400 dollar ones from wal*mart... but I could never get it to stay up.. I think it was just not level enough last year, it would stay up fine for a couple...

View more questions Search