Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blavick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Payroll tax deductions
    If I make $39774.60 and I am paid biweekly, what will my take home pay be? What is the percentage of taxes taken out? I work in Watervliet, NY
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2008, 08:17 AM
    That depends on what your W4 says and on what local taxes there are. Why don't you just ask your payroll dept?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Aug 22, 2008, 07:13 AM
    You can go online and use a payroll calculator to calculate your pay. We cannot do it for you unless we know your W-4 and any voluntary or non voluntary deductions you might have.
    Here are a couple of sites you can check out that have online payroll calculators;

PaycheckCity.com | Web-Based Paycheck Calculators
    https://www.paycycle.com/external/bu...alculators.jsp
    Tax Calculators & Payroll Calculators - Free Income Tax Calculator to Calculate Payroll Tax Withholding and Paycheck Deductions

These are free payroll calculators. You simply add your information in i.e.. Gross pay, deductions, state, etc. and it will calculate the pay for you.

Shirley
    lwelch Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Aug 23, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Your take home will depend on what you have withheld each week. The more exemptions you claim on you W-4, the more you will take home each week. The caveat is, you will have a smaller tax refund or you may have to pay in to the IRS. I would contact the person that normally prepares your income taxes they should be able to give you a very close estimate. If they can't tell you the answer get a new tax preparer who can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payroll and deductions [ 3 Answers ]

How much money will be deducted from a $760.00 salary claiming one dependent?

View more questions Search