Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Aug 20, 2008, 07:18 AM
    My 8 Month old will not take a bottle.
    My son is 8 months old. In the past month he has actually weaned himself off the bottle. Except at bedtime where he has 8 oz of formula. If I offer the bottle to him during the day he pushes it away, clenches his jaw, and will scream his head off until I put the bottle away. He will not take formula from a cup, or water from a bottle. He will only drink water. (I do not offer juice though because I feel there is too much sugar in it.) I am just concerned because everything I ready about bottle feeding for a baby his age says he should be getting 24-32 oz of formula a day, and he is nowhere near that. In the morning he will eat 4 oz of fortified organic baby yogurt, and drink and ounce or two of water. For lunch he eats about 10 oz of baby food, and water from a cup, the same for dinner, at bedtime he has a bowl of oatmeal, and his bottle. I am just concerned that he is not getting enough nutrients. He is growing fine, and the doctor has not been concerned, but I cannot help but worry.
    CHRISSYS-ANGEL Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Aug 20, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Try mixing the formula with baby cereal, in the formula isle and feed it to him with a spoon, he will just think it is oatmeal or something because he is eating it with a spoon. My daughter started on baby cereal when she was about 4 or 5 months old because formula wasn't filling her up anymore because her appetite got bigger. I never had a problem with the bottle though, I used a cereal feeder for her, its sort of like a bottle but the hole is bigger so the cereal can pass through but a spoon should work just fine. That way, he will still get the formula nutrients without the bottle. Pick a flavor that he likes and he should be fine with it. Good luck. Let me know if this works.
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 20, 2008, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRISSYS-ANGEL
    try mixing the formula with baby cereal, in the formula isle and feed it to him with a spoon, he will just think it is oatmeal or something because he is eating it with a spoon. my daughter started on baby cereal when she was about 4 or 5 months old because formula wasnt filling her up anymore because her appetite got bigger. i never had a problem with the bottle though, i used a cereal feeder for her, its sort of like a bottle but the hole is bigger so the cereal can pass through but a spoon should work just fine. that way, he will still get the formula nutrients without the bottle. pick a flavor that he likes and he should be fine with it. good luck. let me know if this works.

This is good advice that chrissy gave,what does your health visitor think of this does she seem concerned? Personally myself I wouldn't worry too much my daughter was the same but as chrissy said I used to mix a bit in with her cereal and up her bed time bottle by an oz or 2! My health visitor didn't seem that concerned as she was getting anoth food and drink and her weight was fine
    Good luck with it all
    babygirl1092 Posts: 114, Reputation: 8
    -

Aug 20, 2008, 08:15 AM
    As for the juice, they have tot juice that has no added sugers and no suger. It taste like water with some flavor. They sell it at walmart. And our kids love it so if your willing to try that we do use it and our kids chug it like they have never had a drink in their little lives. And my daughter who is almost 2 winged herself from a bottle at about 9 months all she wanted was a sippycup like her big brother. And she would always get his if she could reach it so maybe he wants a sippycup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it common to have a 2 month notice to vacate on a month to month lease? [ 2 Answers ]

Can my landlord require me to give a 2 months notice to vacate even though my lease is month to month? It was in the lease which was originally a 1 year lease which after the year, change to month to month. I can see giving 60 days with the year lease, but not on a month to month.

10 month old won't go to sleep without a bottle in bed [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 10 month old boy who has decided to go to bed with a bottle the last two weeks I had a lot of trouble trying to get him to go to sleep and I couldn't figure out why he has being like it then one night he was reaching out for his bottle before I walked off to put him to bed so he took it...

How can I ask my roommate to give 30 days notice on a month to month lease ? [ 1 Answers ]

I am3 months into a month to month agreement with my current roommate. We were in a 6 month lease together that has expired over 3 months ago. I am currently wanting to dissolve the relationship and go into a 12 month lease with our landlord on my own. I know she is not ready to vacate, but can I...

Single mother wanting to take 10 month old daughter out of state for a month [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother who has joint custody of my 10 month old daughter it is not court ordered but she has lived with me only since she was born her dad pays child support and sees her for a few hours once a week, so I pretty much have full custody just not through the courts. I would like my...

View more questions Search