Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caraloca Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2003, 05:18 AM
    Connecting to a server
    Hi; my daughter likes to play NEXUS (is a virtual chat world). But it can not get connect to the server. I already wrote to the thecnical people from that site but they does not what to do.
    I have a firewall (sygate personnel firewall) and I already allowed the nexus program to go out, I also closed the firewall and still nothing, we tried the NEXUS software in my neighboor's PC and he can connect.
    I also unistalled and install the program but no luck.
    This site was closed for several months and we could connect very easy, now that is back we can't.
    Any ideas?
    Maybe if I get the ip address of the site, can I configure my firewall to connect to the server? If yes how can I know the ip address, using my neighboor's PC?
    Or maybe is a problem with ports. How can I know which port is nexus using to connect?
    Thank you for your help and time

Win98se
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2003, 05:41 AM
    connecting to a server
    Well I tried to go to http://nexusprograms.net/ to read more about this, but the server was down. When you say that you have configured your firewall to allow the nexus program out - how did you find out what ports?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting two offices [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Fine and hope so I need your valuable explanation regarding connceting two offices which are in same city. Kindly mail me the details mentioned above. Thanks and regards Mohammedali

Connecting Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Our connecting pipe is for R410a, can it be used for R407c?

Help: Connecting 3 wires [ 6 Answers ]

Pool Motor wires - white, black, black /w white stripe Power coming into pump house (single breaker) - white, black, bare copper. Which wires connect to what color?

Connecting Washer To Tub [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My spouse and I are moving into a new rental property which has a "utility room" for the washer and dryer. There is a vent for the dryer, but according to the landlord the washing machine has to be connected to the tub faucet. Apparently, former tenants have done this. I do not currently...

View more questions Search