Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    When you remove the moral foundation from society, the result is what you see, in the breakup of the family,
    Doesn't the family model precede civilization and religion? I agree with the others that the problem is consumerism and the drive to appear wealthy. We have have much less of that here in Canada. My kids have never heard of the bible yet they are great respectful children - it's about the parents not the book.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 22, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    ...it's about the parents not the book.
    Of course that is so. Even the reason or cause for increased financial income is related to the habits, behavior, and even responsibility of parents.
    But it is the capitalistic system that turned them into mental zombies on their way to the next shopping mall...

:)
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Aug 23, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Of course that is so. Even the reason or cause for increased financial income is related to the habits, behavior, and even responsibility of parents.
    But it is the capitalistic system that turned them into mental zombies on their way to the next shopping mall ...

Are you showing your true colors? It is soooo easy to bash capitalism and the profit motive when you have a fat bank account and a good position, but you digress from your own op.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 24, 2008, 02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    But it is the capitalistic system that turned them into mental zombies on their way to the next shopping mall ...

Or maybe it is this mentality that education is a government right provided for "free" [ via taxpayors].

There is a different mentality when you/parent[s] want an education and pay for it versus going to public school, where a greater percentage of the student body is not as serious about education.

No, I do not agree with teachers doleing out corporal punishment, writing a dictionary page and a phone call to an involved parent[s] should be enough.
    -

Aug 24, 2008, 02:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Are you showing your true colors? It is soooo easy to bash capitalism and the profit motive when you have a fat bank account and a good position, but you digress from your own op.
    All I possess is the result of my own hard work and actions. All legal. I have always wondered about capitalism. Capitalism is the best present system to incite people to work for their daily bread. No problem at all with that. But it is also a system that is the hardest for the poor, the sick, and the needy. Give me the West European social democracy and guided capitalistic system of sharing and protecting the poor above the US version of "grabbing-whatever-you-can" any time.

:rolleyes:
    -

Aug 24, 2008, 02:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    Or maybe it is this mentality that education is a government right provided for "free"
    What has "who pays for what" to do with corporal punishment?

No, I do not agree with teachers doleing out corporal punishment, writing a dictionary page and a phone call to an involved parent[s] should be enough.
    At least we agree on that ! But what if that note or that call is not enough? What than? What other options are open but corporal punishment?

George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Public schools aren't Sunday schools; what is the teacher to do when the 'student' looks back and says, "I'm not doing that." Oh yeah, go back for re-certification.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Montesorri Schools [ 6 Answers ]

I am considering enrolling my children, ages 4 and 6, into a Montessori school in the fall. I have all the information, have been to the Montessori websites, and done a fair bit of research on it. I'm interested in other people's thoughts and opinions about the Montessori schools. If anyone has...

My boyfriend wants to have authority on my son punishments [ 21 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for the past 3 1/2 years and has not been the best one. Well yesterday my 9 year old son got in some trouble and I punish him, when my boyfriend got home he heard me talking about it with my mother, so he started to argue with me on why I didn't wait till he got home...

Corporal Punishment. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, This is my first time to this site so apologies if this is the wrong forum. My question is: My ex-wives boyfriend may be moving in with her and my three kids (10,16). I have asked her boyfriend not to physically punish my children. His answer was that all he needs is my ex-wifes...

Veterinary Schools [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get a list from best to worst colleges and Universities to attend for Veterinary Degrees. Maybe, some extra info as well on a broad term as to what is available in the United States for schools that I can obtain a degree as a veterinarian. Preferably what is available in Texas to start with....

Looking at new schools [ 0 Answers ]

Where can I find questions to ask a principal at a new school I am interviewing?

View more questions Search