Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygirl1092 Posts: 114, Reputation: 8
    -

Aug 20, 2008, 02:30 AM
    I can't sleep through the night!
    I have roughly a 5 weeks until my due date and I can't sleep through the night any more I have extrem disconfert in my knees and legs. And what seems to be insomnea?. I can only sleep for 3 or 4 hours and then I am so uncofertable I wake up and I can't go back to sleep. Its been going on for about a week and I look horrible is there any body who experinced this and found a trick to it because I am so tired and I have two kids to take care of all day and I can barly do so. Please help!
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Aug 20, 2008, 07:23 AM
    I had the same problem. I actually found that sleeping on the floor, or in a recliner helped me, sometimes I would even sleep on the bed in our guest room, it was weird, but a different bed seemed to help me. Also try using body pillows, and taking a nice warm bath before bed to help relax. Hope this helps!!
    babygirl1092 Posts: 114, Reputation: 8
    -

Aug 20, 2008, 07:58 AM
    I have a body pillow that's shaped just for pregnant women, and I do take warm baths before bed and we go on short little walks before bed. And we have even advoided watching TV like scary movies and movies that make u excited because that was another tip we got online and it just seems like nothing is working
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 20, 2008, 08:05 AM
    I had the same problem,I used to have a bath then a cup of horlicks an hour or so before going up.it worked for me hope it can be of some use to you
    Good luck
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Aug 20, 2008, 02:46 PM
    I am currently 21 weeks pregnant and having the same problem. I can't imagine doing this for another 19 weeks. I am exhausted. A lot of people have told me to take a warm bath in using lavender and chamomile oil before bed. I have yet to get a hold of any of it so I haven't tried it yet. I have found that using a heating pad on my back and on my legs before going to sleep really helps. If I am really uncomfortable, I will take a Tylenol before going to sleep. I hope you start sleeping better. :)
    aquarian99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Hi, I've got another 8 weeks to go. Although I still have that odd sleepless night, I find that putting pillow in a way that it supports my spine helps. (- this is assuming you are sleeping on your left side.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two year old won't sleep through night [ 11 Answers ]

I have a two year old and he won't sleep through the night, he will go to bed but then wake up later on and stay up all night... is something wrong with him? Is there anything I can do? I do a bedtime rutine and everything... I am so frustrated!! :mad:

Can I still need more sleep after 12 hrs a night? [ 3 Answers ]

I have always had trouble sleeping at night. I have trouble switching off. Doesn't seem to make much difference if I am physically or mentally exhausted that day. Sometimes I would feel sick because I am so tired. I look like I haven't slept with dark bags under my eyes. Lately I have been able...

My 2yr old won't sleep through the night [ 5 Answers ]

:( Is there anyone that would know how to get my little girl to sleep through the night. We have tried everything that we can think of. She did sleep through the night at one point and time but she hasn't for about 6 months and its getting toward where she wants to just play at night. What can I...

I need sleep at night! [ 9 Answers ]

I live in a small city and there is a dog that lives next door that seems to be lost and forgotten about it cry's when the owners come home as if to be begging for food or attention. I feel bad for the dog But This dog barks all night long since the owners seem to not notice the...

5yo Dog won't sleep through the night [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 5yo Westie/ Shi Tzu Mix. She slept in her crate until about 6 months ago. Since then she comes into my bed at night time. The problem is that she gets out of bed anywhere from 1-10 times during the night. She doesn't have to go potty, she gennerly wants to go into the living room or just...

View more questions Search