Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 28, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Incorrect : they BELIEVE it is reality. But is it ? That only can be concluded from the provided support.

:rolleyes:

·

It is their perceived reality and it is not for you to box it up and put your stamp of approval on it... and they DON'T have to provide you a preponderance of evidence in order for it to be valid in their minds that is what is great about a free society
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    STANDING OVATION
    Thanks, mm! :D
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 29, 2008, 05:06 PM
    It is their perceived reality and it is not for you to box it up and put your stamp of approval on it.
    I do not. All I do is QUERY the religious claims here. From me anyone may believe whatever he/she wants to BELIEVE. But that does not mean that whatever one BELIEVES is reality. This is a DISCUSSIONS BOARD, NOT a religious Q&A board.

...and they DON'T have to provide you a preponderance of evidence in order for it to be valid in their minds that is what is great about a free society.
    True. But than I am fully allowed to QUERY whatever is claimed here if that is reality or not.

YOU CAN NOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS !!!

:>)

De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 06:20 AM
    I did not mention Christianity.
    This topic has NOTHING to do with Christianity.

I did not mention Christianity.
    This topic has NOTHING to do with Christianity.

I posted on the Religious Discussions board about what are Religious Discussions. The first time the word Christianity came into the topic was in your reaction.
    Many posters here may be unaware that "Religious Discussions" is not the same as "Christian Discussions".
    But you as Moderator/Christianity Expert should at least know the difference, even with your own bias.

:rolleyes:

·
    The biggest problem with your argumentation is that you aren't logical. You're entire argument amounts to "I don't see, I don't believe it."

But the fact is, there are many things you don't see which you believe. You believe in gravity don't you?

Do you see gravity? No, nobody does. All you see are the results of gravity. The evidence points to the existence of a force called gravity. But you take for granted that you believe in gravity.

By the same token, we believe in God. Do we see God walking and talking to us. Some do. But most of us only see the results of what He has done. We understand that He must have created this universe because no unintelligent, lifeless matter could have done something so beautiful and intelligent.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    -

Sep 1, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria
    Do you see gravity? No, nobody does. All you see are the results of gravity. The evidence points to the existence of a force called gravity. But you take for granted that you believe in gravity.
    Why would any sane person BELIEVE in gravity?
    Gravity exists. If you don't believe it exists, hold a block of concrete 1 meter up above your foot, and let it go. Or jump in a gorge.
    The results can be forcasted with 100% certainty, and are always the same. For everyone. Everywhere. Therefore it is a FACT.

By the same token, we believe in God. Do we see God walking and talking to us.
    Those who see that may also see the guys in the white dresses and the straitjackets, coming to take them away...

Some do. But most of us only see the results of what He has done. We understand that He must have created this universe because no unintelligent, lifeless matter could have done something so beautiful and intelligent.
    "Some do". But that means that the results can NOT be forcasted, and surely NOT with 100% certainty, and are NOT always the same. NOT for everyone. NOT everywhere. Therefore it is a NOT a FACT.

:>)

De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Why would any sane person BELIEVE in gravity?
    Gravity exists. If you don't believe it exists, hold a block of concrete 1 meter up above your foot, and let it go. Or jump in a gorge.
    The results can be forcasted with 100% certainty, and are always the same. For everyone. Everywhere. Therefore it is a FACT.
    Are you saying then that Gravity is proven true by science?

Those who see that may also see the guys in the white dresses and the straitjackets, coming to take them away...

"Some do". But that means that the results can NOT be forcasted, and surely NOT with 100% certainty, and are NOT always the same. NOT for everyone. NOT everywhere. Therefore it is a NOT a FACT.
    Sure they can. We believe that God gives us life. I forecast with 99.999% accuracy that you will wake up again tomorrow.

I believe that God provides my food. I forecast with 99.999% that I will eat breakfast in about 1 hour.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    -

Sep 5, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Cred : Why would any sane person BELIEVE in gravity?
    Are you saying then that Gravity is proven true by science?
    Once more : don't you ever read replies to you ?

THERE ARE NO "TRUE'S IN SCIENCE" !!!

All there is in science are thesis : explanations of what is observed, supported as far as possible with OSE.
    "True" is used in religious statements to provide them with a smell of support - but that support they lack completely. The religious "true" is an empty word without any meaning.

Cred : (on deMaria's claim "But most of us only see the results of what He has done.")
    Sure they can. We believe that God gives us life. I forecast with 99.999% accuracy that you will wake up again tomorrow.
    I thought we were seriously discussing here. The subject was the validity of religious claims.
    Anyway : 99.999% accuracy is not 100%, so there is NO 100% certainty. Therefore it is a NOT a FACT. Just as I already stated in relation to the validty of religious claims !

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From Religious Affiliation to No Religious Association [ 17 Answers ]

I just wanted to know if there are people here who have chosen to leave a certain religious community and did not replace it with another...like going from Christianity to atheism for example... If so, what was it like to tell your family? Did they push you away, try to change you, or accept...

Religion Related Discussions [ 21 Answers ]

In topic "Atheists. Why "religious" forums?" the originator degraded her own topic with her negative personal comments, reason for the Admin to close it. But the goal of her topic question remains interesting : Why is this specific "board" called "Religious Discussions"? Why not Religion...

View more questions Search