Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hvorhies Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Hair Coloring
    Hi, I have been coloring my hair with a box dark blonde. I just put on some golden highlights but they look yellow. Can I re-color dark blonde with a box the same day? Or will it get orangey?
    xoxolele Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Aug 19, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Unless u are a natural blonde, the box blonde will not work for u. If you have already blonde highlights, that are a yellow tint, the only kind of color that can go over it would be a darker color. If you want to lighten them up, go to a professional, there is always a chance of gettign orange hair with a box
    Hvorhies Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 02:58 PM
    I am naturally dark blonde. I am just worried that trying to go darker on yellow blonde that I just did, will turn it orange. All of the yellow is on top. And I start school tomorrow so really need to decide if I am going to try this again.
    xoxolele Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Aug 19, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Going darker on yellow blonde isn't recommended sweetie, I know you want to look your best for school, but don't take that chance. The possibility is it will turn orange or it will turn a greenish color. Ive done the box a lot of times, and when you dye your hair from a box, and it comes out horrible its even harder for your stylist to fix because the ammonia a lot of the time is a lot stronger then it should, I would say fight your anxiety and wait

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair loss due to hair coloring [ 2 Answers ]

Can certains types of hair color cause cause hair loss? A cheaper hair color? >Moved from Forum Help<

Will coloring the hair increase dandruff in the hair ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I recently colored my hair and I feel that the dandruff has increased. I used to use sunsilk before coloring my hair and it was nice and smooth , after coloring I changed to Loreal color shampoo and I feel the dandruff has increased. Can you tell me if I can use sunsilk itself or is the...

Dry and frizzy hair from leaving hair coloring on too long. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I usually color my hair every four weeks to cover up the gray. I use the same color " medium copper brown" which is a little lighter than my natural color. The last time I colored my hair, I left it on for too long, almost an hour, I was talking on the telephone and didn't notice the...

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

All About Hair Coloring [ 8 Answers ]

Your hair is a mixture of 3 colors; red yellow, and blue. These are the primary colors. Secondary colors are orange, green, and violet. If you look at the "wheel" a color opposite (directly across) will "negate" that color. This means if your hair is a orange color - green will make it a brown...

View more questions Search