Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xoxolele Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Aug 19, 2008, 02:36 PM
    I've been trying to have a baby.
    My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for some time now, but it was at a point where it totally controlled my emotions. I was focusing on gettign pregnant every time we had sex that I would be let down every time becaise I wouldn't be pregnant. So I tried something new, I stopped focusing on getting pregnant, and started focusing on just enjoying intamacy with my husband again.

I have my period at the end of the month or beginning of a new month, my last period was early August, like the 2nd or 3rd. I noticed that around the 16th of this month my breast are very tender (my breasts are usually like that right before my period) also I've been peeing a lot more often then usual, and I can't sleep, ill stay up until about 7 in the morning.

I want to take a pregnancy test, but I feel like it would be to early to get a correct result, because my period is due around sept.

What do you think? What should I do?
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Well, I know this won't be easy, but try to forget about it for a couple of weeks. You're right - it's early to get a positive result.

You can always go to the dollar store and buy a ton of the cheap tests (lots of those are supposedto give the earliest results, anyway) and just keep taking one each day. If that would make you feel better - to be doing SOMETHING. If you're like me... THAT would drive me crazy. I would just need to try to distract myself and then try to test a couple of days before I was supposed to get my period.

Aug 19, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinmommy
    Well, I know this won't be easy, but try to forget about it for a couple of weeks. You're right - it's early to get a positive result.

You can always go to the dollar store and buy a ton of the cheap tests (lots of those are supposedto give the earliest results, anyway) and just keep taking one each day. If that would make you feel better - to be doing SOMETHING. If you're like me.....THAT would drive me crazy. I would just need to try to distract myself and then try to test a couple of days before I was supposed to get my period.

Well Iam like you, its going to drive me crazy! Lol! It was so hard already to not focus on getting pregnant. I figured it would be to early but I was hopeing for an alternative, my period isn't supposed to come for another 2 weeks! Their was once a time in my life where I would buy tests constantly, and would be let down every time. I feel like if I start buying tests now, then ill get in that habit again, and ill keep disappointing myself, so I'm going to try to not focus on the anxiety, and just wait.
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 03:17 PM
    You know, it can't hurt anything to start taking prenatal vitamins, drink a ton of water, eat really healthy. You're probably doing all that stuff anyway if you're trying to conceive.

Good luck waiting! I'm SO not patient. Maybe your hubby should take you on a vacation to help pass the time... ;)
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 19, 2008, 03:50 PM
    I've been trying for a baby as well! I know what your going through I've had so many disappointments the last couple of months :-( I would wait a week or to if I was you to take a test.. I hope you get the result you want good luck :-)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Any woman who is even thinking about getting pregnant should begin to take prenatal vitamins PRIOR to trying. You see, your baby needs the folic acid in the prenatals to prevent certain neural tube defects. These defects can manifest in the baby BEFORE you even know you are pregnant and are irreversible.

Aug 19, 2008, 04:18 PM
    I've actually been taking prenatal vitamins for the past 2 months. I've put my body through hell in my teenage years so at one point I figured that my body wasn't healthy enough to have a babay, but my doctor recommended that all women should take PREnatal vitamins because there really good for you whether your pregnant or not, but yes I am already on prenatal vitamins

Aug 19, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joanne 1986
    ive been trying for a baby aswell!! i know what your going through ive had so many disappointments the last couple of months :-( i would wait a week or to if i was you to take a test..I hope you get the result you want good luck :-)

Thank you I seem to feel better when I know I'm not the only one. Thank you for your luck, I will need it. Thanks for your advice hunn

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BABY DADDY Fighting for Parental Rights and baby live part-time with his wife / kids [ 16 Answers ]

I have been in an extra-marital relationship for six months with a man who was "leaving" his wife. He told me repeatedly that they were living as roommates and he was moving out soon. Once this went on for some time, I decided I was worth more and broke up with him. I found out a few days later...

I'm having a baby and my dog already thinks she's my baby! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new to this board and I just wanted to ask a questions. I have two dogs. An 8 month old St. Bernard female named Moose and a 1 & 1/2 yeard old Samyoed male name Buckie. I just recently found out I was pregnant and have started to get really worried. Buckie is VERY attached to Moose but...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

View more questions Search