Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayebird Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Motion to Compel
    The junk debt buyer's attorneys have blatantly refused to answer my discovery in a debt case they filed against me. The deadline is this week. I have written to them numerous times with certified letters about the due date. I have seen advice on debt forums to file a Motion to Compel with the court. I have some samples but am confused about the whole process.

It is just a little scary - I have done everything right so far but now it is getting a little difficult knowing legal issues will be coming up that I may not be able to address, but I can't afford an attorney either.

If they failed to answer discovery, is it logical to think that they won't be able to provide any evidence if there is a Motion to Compel?

Any words of encouragement are appreciated!

Check out some similar questions!

Received a Motion to Compel [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We live in the state of Arkansas. On June 12, 2008 my husband received a Motion to Compel. In this letter it says the attorney mailed 'Interrogatories and Request for Production of Documents' which the attorney said he mailed May 29, 2007. As of this date (6-25-08) we have never received...

Filing a motion to compel [ 2 Answers ]

I have custory on the minor childern, and I am asking for a incease in support because of hard times... she said she is not going to give me any information. Does anybody know how to file a motion to compel to the court for I can get the court to order it

Motion to compel [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my story. My ex and I are separated and going through a divorce. Her attorney has sent us interrrogatories and response which we finished filing in a timely manner. She has extended her interrogatories + response date for additional 30 days, but never turned it in after the deadline. I have...

Florida Law Of Civil Procedure ~ Motion To Produce - Motion For Trial [ 6 Answers ]

Our daughter is being sued by a collection agency for a debt she does not think she owes. We had a pretrial hearing this week whereby the plaintiffs attorney was present via telephonic hearing. That is to say, we were in chambers with the Judge, while the plaintiff attorney was on "speaker...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.