Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rock Payne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Underwater welding(getting started)
    Hello, My name is Rock and I'm wondering whether there are any underwater welding companies in the Washington, D.C. area that will train you for the job
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2008, 06:08 PM
    You should talk to a boiler maker or welding union. You could also check with the Navy.

These are the ones in my area maybe they can tell you what's closest to you.

International Brotherhood of Boilermakers Iron Shipbuilders Blac
    412-343-3072
    1221 Banksville Rd,
    Pittsburgh, PA 15216

International Brotherhood of Boilermakers Iron Shipbuilders Blac
    412-942-0363

1231 Banksville Rd,
    Pittsburgh, PA 15216-3053
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Almost all underwater welding is not done "on the job" but though specific schools that train and then help with job training. This is because of the certifications in both diving and in welding that has to be received to do these jobs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Need answers for Underwater Welding! [ 7 Answers ]

Underwater Welding -Qualifications- *What type of a person do employers of this job normally hire? -Availability- *What type of orginizations employ this job title? Are these orginizations found in Minnisota, or whould I have to move? -Salary- *What does a person starting in this field earn?...

Underwater welding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi people! Can anyone help? I would love to train as an underwater welder but can only find schools in the USA is there anywhere in the UK or Ireland that do this? Please help!

Underwater welding near me? [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one tell me of a underwater welding school in Texas I can't seem to find one when I serch for them?

Underwater welding [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much I can make as an underwater welder I heard you make $850 an h/r on a off shore rig, dive an hour and get paid for 8. that's 6800 a day. I am going to go to school for it,can I make that when I get out. Can I become a millionare?? Were is the most money?

View more questions Search