Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doggie1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Cold water fish tank
    Hi!
    I am new to keeping fish and I turned my filter off alst night while my mum slep on the sofa cause it is really noisy! Turned it back on this morning and the water is really cloudy! What has happened? How can I fix the problem of the cloudy fish tank? Please help me am worried about my fish...

Thanks doggie 1... :rolleyes:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2008, 12:50 PM
    You will need to change whatever medium you are using in the filter and leave the filter on to run for awhile. It may take a day or two to clear up the water. Don't turn off a fish tank filter just because it makes too much noise as you could easily have all the fish die. The filter is to keep their bodily wastes from getting so thick in the water as to make it toxic for them to live in. You could also go to the pet store and buy some water clarification drops - but don't overdo the drops either. It will just take time to get the water clear again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom water pressure vey poor from cold water storage tank [ 1 Answers ]

Bathroom toilet is very slow to fill up also cold water tap in bathroom when turned on has little or no water coming out of it.can you reply staight away please.

Hot water entering cold tank [ 1 Answers ]

My oil furnace delivers water at a controlled 70 degrees. After running for 2 hours or more warm water migtates up to the cold water tank and begins to heat it. What is the cause and how can it be rectified please?

Hot Cold Water Tank? [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya all, Can anyone tell me, even a good guess, what might be happening here. We have an indirect boiler system (the hot tank refilling from the cold tank in the attic). I recently noticed we had terrible condensation in the attic. We regularly go up there and have never seen any previously....

Cold Water Tank [ 1 Answers ]

Help! The ball-valve on my cold water tank never completely closes, so water is constantly running into the tank. The tank should logically overflow because the water does not stop completely, but it doesn't. I have replaced the ball valve and the problem still exists. Turns out the cold...

View more questions Search