Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 07:37 PM

Thank you Jesus for V111, you have changed our lives :)
    Washingtonian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 05:17 PM
    V111 is spot on (although his description makes it sound more complicated than it actually is, it's clearer when you see what he is talking about.)

The only suggestion I would make is that instead of whacking the cage or tapping the circuit breaker with a screwdriver, just unplug and re-seat all the leads going into the CCU. One of mine had clearly jiggled loose spinning an unbalanced load.
    Washingtonian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 05:17 PM
    V111 is spot on (although his description makes it sound more complicated than it actually is, it's clearer when you see what he is talking about.)

The only suggestion I would make is that instead of whacking the cage or tapping the circuit breaker with a screwdriver, just unplug and re-seat all the leads going into the CCU. One of mine had clearly jiggled loose spinning an unbalanced load.
    jmmath Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 03:30 PM
    Thank you V111. I am very grateful! Hitting the ccu box worked and cleared the error. YOU ARE AWESOME!!
    jmmath Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 03:31 PM

Thank you V111, hitting the CCU box cleared the error and we are back to washing clothes! YOU ARE AWESOME!
    vladdtoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 11:42 AM
    Just echoing everyone else... wow, it really worked!
    Momsy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 08:02 AM
    It worked for me also. And it is easy to do.

All you need is a socket wrench to take off three screws holding the lid on. Unless your dryer is stacked like mine. Then you need a philips head to take the stacking clips off. And straight head to take the dryer vent hose off. Still not bad.
    brandah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 10:40 PM
    Ta dow!! A few pounds and I am back to washing laundry!! :) Thanks!
    TuslB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 07:10 PM
    There must be something about the CCU, and 1.5 years as I identified a number of others with the same problem around the same length of use...

And Yes, V11 is the Man/Women... Saved all of us the part cost, shipping, and for some of us the service call.

Thanks again V11, from the Carolina's
    dsnow3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 04:49 PM
    Comment on v111's post
    v111 You are the MAN!!
    Followed your instructions (had a little problem getting the cage to release). After tapping the back of the cage and reinstalling - the washer started right up. I felt like Tim Taylor for a while but it works... :)
    mskldrmn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2011, 09:57 AM
    Violently kick the top right hand corner from the right side toward the center of the machine... works for us and we don't have to remove any screws or covers.
    xtinerat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2011, 06:06 PM
    Comment on v111's post
    I hope you're still around, v111, to read these words: I LOVE YOU!
    guido66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 06:05 PM
    WOW, incredible easy fix!! Parent washer died, Searched the internet for new part and found this thread. Already had ccu removed, tapped the relays and reinstalled and it was up and running as normal!!
    Thank you very much!!
    Tobee5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2011, 10:34 AM
    V111
    Like others thought this was a joke but WORKED! Saved me more then $250 on repair call and part! So thrilled!! Thank you!
    Murrfk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 08:42 AM
    The to big black relays are G2RL-1-E DC24. The smaller relay is a JQ1P-24v that has now been replaced with JQ1P-24V-F
    tiburonguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2011, 07:36 PM
    For those of you who don't see the full answer here it is. Thanks V111 is worked for me as well Nov 2011.

Hi, After about year and half Whirlpool duet sport gave F01 error code. The technician manual is located under the lower front panel. There are three possible reasons for F0: 1) EEPROM ERROOR. Unplug a washer for two minutes. Try running it again. (Did not work for me). 2) MAIN RELAYS ERROR. The tech manual suggests replacing CCU. The following is what I did and it fixed the problem, however. Unplug the washer. Remove the top cover by removing the three screws on the back. The CCU unit is in the right bottom corner if standing in front of the washer – it has a lot of wiring. Plug in the unit. While listening to the CCU start any washing cycle. After pressing START you should hear the relay to click. If it clicks twice, within a less than a second, it has a problem. Unplug the washer. Without disconnecting any wires remove the CCU cage from the washer wall. Stand now on the right hand side of the washer in such way that the CCU cage is under your left hand. Pull the right upper corner of the CCU plastic cage (it has a tab) away from you, slide the cage to the right by about an inch, and pull the entire cage away from you. Now knock on the back side of the cage 4-5 times with a bit of force. Install the CCU cage back. Plug in the unit. Try some washing cycle again. If it did not help, repeat the procedure. If it did not work again, see the following. 3) PUMP DRIVE ERROR. The tech manual suggests replacing CCU.
    funk71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 06:03 PM
    V111 & tiburonguy thanks for the repost... I followed the directions and it worked! I was stunned to say the least!. consider me a convert!

THANK YOU!!
    kirill_ep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2012, 09:54 PM
    Worked for me. Thank you
    Montauk69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 04:01 PM
    Great tip and thank you! Also thanks for reposting the entire answer. We have a Maytag Epic Z that quit tonight with an F-01. A search showed this site. Don't know if the Epic Z is different, but the CCU mounted is on the right side panel standing in front of the machine. It is just under the top panel, in the corner of the front and right side panels, with lots of small wires going into it. Very easy to get to. I reset the connections and a couple of hard raps with a screw driver handle, plugged it in and it is now working just fine : ) There is also a smaller black box with several connections on it at the top right rear of the same side panel, reset those connections and gave it a couple of raps as well. For diagnosing the problem; I heard a small click from the CCU when I plugged the unit in, but no sound after picking a cycle and pressing start. After doing the fix, there is a very loud click that comes from the CCU. Thanks again!
    JeffinColorado Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 07:22 PM
    V111... you ROCK!. Don't be intimidated to try this one. Follow V111's simple instructions, have about 10-15 minutes to complete, and you can be your very own repairman. Very easy, and effective. Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Duet F02 Error Code - Drain Filter [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to check the Drain Filter on my Duet Washer? I found the Code key but Ican't find any directions on how to check the filter. There are some other possible causes but I just washed the dog beds and I am pretty sure that this is the reason I am having problems.

Got a list of Whirlpool Duet Washer Error Codes? [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a Whirlpool Duet front load washer model GHW9100LQ. Occasionally the machine will stop mid washing cycle and start beeping displaying an error. Today it said "F" "09". Not sure what it means, but you can usually cancel the cycle and start over. I'd like to find out what this code and...

What does the F3 error code mean for a Whirlpool Elite washer? [ 1 Answers ]

What does the F3 error code mean for a whirlpool elite washer

Whirlpool Duet Washer MOD: GHW9200LQ noise when spinning [ 6 Answers ]

My Whirlpool front load washer makes a lot of noise when spinning. I want to repair this before it breaks. What do I need to repair, or look at to remedy this? Thanks, Annette

View more questions Search