Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reyzorback Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 11:19 PM
    Can't uninstall
    I'm using Microsoft office home and student trial version and it was now expired.. I want to uninstall it.. but whenever I run the uninstaller there's an error saying

"set up cannot continue because the required file is either corrupted or not available. run set up again from the original source disc or download location"

I tried running the installer but the error still pops up.. I also try using the ccleaner to uninstall it but it doesn't work.. please help.. thanks!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 12:30 AM
    Missing the actual version of office (Office 97, Office 2000, Office 2003, Office 2007), try this page and see if the uninstall steps work for you:

What should I do if I can't remove or reinstall Microsoft Office? - Knowledge Base
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 12:37 AM
    Also, Microsoft has a utility that may do the trick as well:
    Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstall windows 98 [ 1 Answers ]

I have old laptop - want to start using it for internet - I need to uninstall Windows 98 and upgrade to window 98se - I have a full disk for 98se - but first I need to uninstall reg. 98 how do I do this. {Moved from Forum Help-<>}

Accidental uninstall [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have accidentally uninstall my Microsoft office I would like to know how can I reinstall it back into my computer

Uninstall windows xp [ 4 Answers ]

I was trying to upgrade my windows 98 with windows xp but instead of upgrade I got a whole new windows xp program. Now the systems telling me I have little disk space and to delete unused files but, when I try this it tells me I don't have enough disk space to perform the task. SOMEONE OUT THERE...

Uninstall software [ 9 Answers ]

I cannot seem to uninstall a program called DVD2SVCD. There is no uninstall file and the control panel "add/remove " reads "can't open install.log". I searched the directory and the install.log file does not exist. I then downloaded the program and reinstalled it. This time I did not allow it to...

Uninstall [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to uninstall a program but this message appeared on after confirming deletion.. "unable to locate the installation log file C/:program files blah blah... Uninstallation will not continue. What could be the problem? Anyone help please~ ;)

View more questions Search