Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilove2sniggle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 06:46 PM
    I'm going off too a different college, how can I make it work?
    My boyfriend and I are attending different colleges. I think it can work because I know we are both really committed to the relationship. However, the last time I saw him he said something that really confused me. He told me that I could see other people if I wanted to. I said heck no, but I'm not sure if he will. Right after that he told me he loved me and would see me as soon as he could. I don't know what to do. I really love him and don't want to let him go. What he said makes me suspicious, but I really don't want to be because I've never had a reason not to trust him before now. Help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 06:51 PM
    His comment might have been a test.

If you are suspicious of his activities while you are not around... bad news. You already don't trust him.

I suggest you do what my boyfriend and I did: give each other the freedom to date others, no questions asked, and see what happens.
    brkfstatiffs Posts: 263, Reputation: 21

Aug 18, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Definitely be single in college, that's what college is for - to live YOUR life and
    Find yourself and meet new people, I promise its best not to be tied down. It's also probably his way of gently letting you know, he doesn't want a relationship going into college.
    kolkay Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Aug 22, 2008, 08:01 AM
    How far away from each other are you exactly? I had friends who lived in different states but drove to see each other every weekend. I lived 2 hours away from my boyfriend and only saw him on weekends, but we made it. It was hard but we were both committed to making it last. We talked about all our problems. And I am totally happy not being single in college. Sure I'm dating someone (we actually live together now), but he doesn't go to my college, so I am still able to meet people and make friends. I guess it just depends on your commitment level. Yours sounds strong, but it does worry me about what he said. He doesn't seem that committed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you make it work? [ 26 Answers ]

A devoutly religious couple,but each is firmly following a different belief/faith/religion. How do you work out the finer details? Especially when it comes to kids,does the child get taught both faiths ? If both parents believe each of their own is the right path,then who will the child follow?...

Make it work? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I was dating a year than I dumped him, but after a year I took him back, but the problem is that he is accussing me of cheating on him with every guy he sees me with. I really like him but I'm really getting fed-up with this. Should I try and make things work or should I just dump...

Can I get any refund if I file since I paid for college books but didn't work? [ 2 Answers ]

I did not work in 2007 but I am an adult returning to college and 2007 was my first year in pursuit of an associate's degree. Most of my tuition and fees were paid by a Pell Grant, but I did pay about $500 to $600 buying my own books and a few very small payments on the balance of Stafford loans...

Credit for work experience and college credits [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have received associates degree, taken masters level courses and received numerous amounts of professional training considered as credit hours. Is there anyplace that is accredited and/or recognized that can equivilate this to a degree for me? Thanks, Jamie

How can I make it work? [ 2 Answers ]

I was with my boyfriend James for 4 years I lost my virginity too him and thought there would never be anyone else! Until I met Richard then me and my partner of 4 years split up but kept seeing each other on an off because I couldn't bare to let him go, me an rich were off out for 3 months till...

View more questions Search