Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stiletto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Ive tried almost everything, I need ideas to bring new business into my hair salon
    I am looking for ideas to get new business into my almost 2 year old salon. I have tried almost everything, flyers , newspaper ads, referral programs, rewards programs, asking for models to use for education classes. I have a full staff now and I need some inexpensive , quick way to get new people into the salon, We are in the process of organizing a cut-a- thon. And doing a mass mailing, any other ideas? Help!! :eek:
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Have you made a myspace and added tons of folks from your area?

I did that with a past employer and it worked unbelievably well. Also, offer a discount for mentioning the site..
    ashmoru Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 02:53 AM

I am very new to this kind of place on web. But I would like to share a few stupid ideas that come to my mind... Ok make your coustomers to fill in a questionner about the most passionate thing they would try next in your salon( Give a closed questionner with choices that are done more frequently, the once for which you get more margin, Consider what your customers would be more passionate on trying during the December Month). Now analyse the intrests of your customers after collecting the data for 60-90 days. Infom the customers that during the christmas month 'N' number of customers will be eligilble for '60%-80%-Free' offerings on 1-2 products that rank the best on your questionner. Also send a mass-mail to your customer base as you mentioned ommunicating the offerings of you salon. For example with a e-mail subject - "Gearup for a exotic christmas'. Once they open the mail , makesure you have print images with men and women being highlited among a crowd with happy gestures(Ex; Many be 2-3 guys group or females only group or bothsegment groups being highlighted among the crowd who have different hair colour, unique hair and the crowds attention is on this group as they passby'... I think this could be one way you could get new business.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2008, 04:05 AM

Do you do any advertising via the Internet? I can help you with that if you would like to know how to effectively advertise that way for free!

Please let me know.

Thanks!
    ashmoru Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 08:28 AM

Hai Clough,
    I would be very happy to know more about the option you mentioned because I really like to know more about different marketingmetrics invoved in these activities. I don't do any advertising but I just quit my job as a Store Manager of a luxury Brand in India and relocated to Qatar and am looking for a career change into advertising / marketing/ branding path. I just believe the luxury market in Qatar will be the fastest growing market(World Ranking1) during the second half of 2008 and 1st half of 2009.
    Regards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Way to market a Hair Salon [ 10 Answers ]

I really need help with my Hair Salon. I am located in a shopping center and I purchased a business that originally was a barber shop then a unisex salon. I would like to change this image and make it a hair design salon. I have had the salon for three years and have kept the same name that the...

Tipping the owner of a hair salon [ 7 Answers ]

My hair dresser has her own salon in her home. A long time ago I was told that you do not tip the owner of a salon, so I typically do not tip her. Is this practice still acceptable?

Tips at a hair salon [ 9 Answers ]

I pay $50 for a haircut and $50 for hair color. How much would a reasonable tip be?

Hair salon [ 1 Answers ]

Am think of opening hair salon how do I start? How do I find prices for a new hair salon? {Moved from Forum Help-Please read instructions before posting. There is a Read first warning on Forum Help board that advises its ONLY for questions about using this site-<>}

Bringing customers to my Hair Salon [ 2 Answers ]

My hair salon has been opened for a year. I NEED HELP!!!!!!! BRING IN NEW CUSTOMERS. I am also having a problem attracting new stylists; most of the stylists i have had have been very young and not dependable. I need help fast, like yesterday. I need cheap ways to advertise. I've handed out...

View more questions Search