Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmnduke Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Fashion/Sewing/Design Guru Needed
    I am in search of a person with Fashion Design expertise within the Atlanta, Georgia-Florida area.
    I have a phenomenal idea for a new clothing line but lack the ability to sew. I've wrestled with this idea for a year now and I am finally ready to make a move-then I realized I didn't know where to start.
    So with a little education through internet searches, books and just plain ole initiative I'm contacting the masses to ask, "Can anyone out there assist a little woman in Georgia with big dreams in fashion?"~I look forward to all responses!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2006, 05:14 PM
    Hello, first let me say that from starting in the 70's for 20 years I worked for companies like Vasserete, Ship and Shore, Burlington, Kandy Kane sleepwear and a vew others. My job with many of them was to take new ideas that others come up with and adapt them for us to make without breaking any paten issues. And even if we were sued by a small company, as a large company we just keep them in court till they were out of money.

In general do you need someone to make the patterns for this product, have you got them, are they new enough to get a copy right for?

Next are you wanting to set up a sewing factory, or merely market your idea. You could merely hire small independent factories to manufactor your product??

In Atlanta of course it is the center for fashion in the south, with the Apparel Mart that houses almost anyone who is anyone in the south.

If you merely need to get some proto types made in Atlanta, I still know people who do private design on dresses there that may work with you.
    You can private message me if you want to have them contact you
    designer 788 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2006, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tmnduke
    I am in search of a person with Fashion Design expertise within the Atlanta, Georgia-Florida area.
    I have a phenomenal idea for a new clothing line but lack the ability to sew. I've wrestled with this idea for a year now and I am finally ready to make a move-then I realized I didn't know where to start.
    So with a little education thru internet searches, books and just plain ole initiative I'm contacting the masses to ask, "Can anyone out there assist a little woman in Georgia with big dreams in fashion?"~I look forward to all responses!!

Hi I am have 17 years experience in sewing and design I can help you with your project , I live here in the Atlanta area
    designer 788 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2006, 02:41 PM
    Hi I have 17 years experience of sewing and design , I can help you with your project, I live here in the Atlanta area, I am also a Fashion Designer
    rumbutt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 10:00 AM
    Sar I want to learning proper fashion designing from this site

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fashion design [ 1 Answers ]

What would the required high school courses be for fashion design?

Fashion design in canada [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone please recommend a college or other institution in Canada that teaches Fashion Design? Thanks.

Fashion Design Distance learning [ 1 Answers ]

I want to is there any institute in india which provides distance learning courses for fashion designing Thanks Sanket Jain

View more questions Search