Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    g430073 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 05:44 PM
    What to I do after filing w/co. clerks office/gift deed
    My mother (I am her son) has gift deeded her property to me. She remarried a man 8 years ago who is really (Dumb) as in (dumb and dumber). He will remain in the home after we take possession as my mother wanted (to provide a roof over his head). That is OK with us. My question is: after I file the gift deed with the Co. Clerk, what do I have to do as far as notifying the mortgage co? Do I have to notify them? Can I continue to make the monthly payments per the original contact without notification? We get along fine with her second husband, but his is not smart enough to handle the paperwork. I have the power of attorney in the will. What do you suggest I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Actually the mortgage may become due and payable the day she deeds this over to you. Most mortages have a clause in them in case the ownership is sold or gave away. The reason, if the mortgage is not paid and they have to foreclose, they have to foreclose on the owner, So you would need to get a new mortgage in your name,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Office Filing [ 2 Answers ]

What product is available to use as a check out for office files. I'm looking for something to use in a hard copy file system for when a staff person needs to remove a file from a file cabinet.

Quit Claim Deed or Deed of Gift [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé and his brother are dividing a couple of properties from their mother's estate. She passed away 6 years ago and they did probate the will during that timeframe. They are trying to establish the best way to divide the property at this time with as little tax penalties as possible. Which...

Fraudulent Deed Filing [ 5 Answers ]

My grandmother put the names of her children on the deed to her home. The house had no mortgage. :) After she died, we found that she owed back taxes. None of the children except for my Mom was willing to pay or even help pay it. :( In order to pay it she told them that they would have to sign...

Deed (gift) of house [ 7 Answers ]

My father is nearing the end of his life. He has arranged his affairs such that instead of willing me his house, he is in the process of transferring the house to me via deed, reserving life estates to him and my mother who is also dying. Since he is doing this prior to his death ,and as such the...

View more questions Search