Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OLLIEN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 04:33 PM
    I need a grant to pay off debt
    I need a grant A.S.A.P. to pay off debt. I just got divorced and I'm starting from ground zero and need to get out of debt with the quickness.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OLLIEN
    I need a grant A.S.A.P. to pay off debt. I just got divorced and I'm starting from ground zero and need to get out of debt with the quickness.

I am not aware of any grants that are available to help a divorced person get out of debt - there are various other grants (business, education) but nothing in this category that I'm aware of.

Why would anyone just give you money so you can get out of debt with "the quickness"?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Ahhh, another case of wishful thinking here. No one is going to help you get out of debt, sorry. You are responsible for your own financial choices even if they are not the best choices.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Sorry there is no free money running around, you get a second job, sell things do what you have to,
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Have you consulted a bankruptcy attorney?
    saratootall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 03:32 AM

You can try to get a Grant from the Government. Us women can get different loans from our government to help. You could use that money towards paying off your debt.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saratootall View Post
    You can try to get a Grant from the Government. Us women can get different loans from our government to help. You could use that money towards paying off your debt.

I hae never heard of a Government grant available to pay debts nor have I ever seen a Government grant where the grant is not monitored. It's a crime to get a grant for one purpose and use the money for another.

What grant are you specifically talking about?
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Sep 28, 2008, 01:03 PM

I have never heard of a grant to pay off debts.
    This is not going to happen. If that was the case every person in the USA would be in line for one of these. What you do is pick yourself up shake yourself off and start over. Like Fr_Chuck said get a second job , sell things etc. It will be hard but you can do it.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 02:31 PM

I've started from zero a few years ago to doing not so bad now. It takes a bit of luck and plenty of hard work and perserverance to get back on your feet. Your divorce is not your fault, but your financial picture can be cured in several ways. If you are so deeply in debt you could file a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and get rid of a lot of this debt. They have changed the bankruptcy laws somewhat lately, but if you consult with a good bankruptcy attorney they will map out your possible scenerio for financial recovery. It's not going to be easy, but it can be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Need a grant [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone please let me know of any legitimate grants that could be located. I'm a single mom struggling now with rent, instead of owing my own home. Could use some grant money to help to survive and succeed again

Can I get a grant if. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if I can still get a college grant or loan if I have a co-sign for someone.:confused:

Grant on medical debt [ 1 Answers ]

HI there, Where would you suggest to apply grants for one's medical bills? Some people can't afford their medical bills, living in proverty, who can help him?:(

View more questions Search