Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bam4life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Pa Birth Certificate Amendments for a Minor Child

I am unmarried and have a 2 1/12 yr. old child. At the time of the birth I did not include Fathers name on the Birth Certificate. I now wish to change this. What would be the best way to go about having a new Birth Certificate issued in the State of Pennsylvania to include Fathers Name as well as attaching Fathers last name to Child?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 02:33 PM
    You need to do that through the vital statistics bureau in the county they were born.

***Health: Vital Records - Table of Contents
    1-877-Pa-health
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Does the father know that your doing this ? From the sounds of it yor wanting a name change and that may take an order of the court to get done. So long as both parents agree then it shouldn't be a problem.
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2013, 12:49 PM
    And many states make you pay support even when proven your not the father
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2013, 12:50 PM
    Pennsylvania being one of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support when father is not on the birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to obtain child support when the father is not on the birth certificate? I have a dna test that proves he is the father. It is a test that will stand up in court. I am trying to avoid attorney fees and just go through child enforcement agency.

Does a Father have a right to last name on Child Birth Certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Does a father have a right to have his last name as his child's last name on the child's Birth Certificate in the State of Georgia?

Minor Name Change/Birth Certificate Change [ 2 Answers ]

15 year old minor, born in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, living in WI with his dad, mom in FL--with joint custody, would like to change his name to his dad's and has both parents consent. Does this have to be filed in IN? Are there forms that the parents can fill out and file without the...

Can I give my child my fianc?'s last name if he's already on her birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I want to legally change my daughters last name to my fiance's last name. Her biological father hasn't been in her life or tried to since she's been born. I gave my child his last name because I thought he was going to take part of her life. Do I have to seek her real father's permission to change...

Birth Certificate & child support [ 15 Answers ]

Hey. I am currently almost 7 months pregnant. I am due in June. The father and I had been dating for a few months before I got pregnant. When I told him he asked me to get an abortion, and when I told him I couldn't do that he said I was just trying to keep him around! SO I went online and...

View more questions Search