Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SuzieQ78 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Loss of car insurance in PA
    Hi, I am in need of assistance. I am currently going through a divorce and my car insurance lapsed. Due to the insurance was in my husband's name. When we moved out of our home he never forwarded his mail. Our car insurance bills were going to a house no one lived in. About a week ago he informed me the insurance lapsed since May. I was unaware of this because both of our cars were on the policy and thought he would notify me of payments. Needless to say I've been driving without insurance since then. I have gotten new insurance and am afraid that my plates will be revoked. I also am afraid that my license will be suspended. I haven't received notice from PennDot yet, but did get a letter from my loan company. I have contacted them to show proof of my current insurance. What are my options? I need to have a vehicle for work. Please help!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 12:34 PM
    I have never driven without insurance because it has lapsed but I have let my insurance lapse due to it being broke down. I live in PA too as long as you are currently legal with insurance and all they don't 'go back'. They have to catch it while you are lapsed pretty much. I would just wait and see if they say there was a problem but I don't see one.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 18, 2008, 12:35 PM
    As long as you have corrected the problem you have no worries.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Aug 18, 2008, 12:39 PM
    You said you now have insurance. That should have solved the problem. What makes you think you still have a prob?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Your driver's license would have been revoked for not having car insurance. Since you remedied the problem and your driver's license has not been revoked, you are fine. Now had you been pulled over by a trooper or cop, that would have been an entirely different story altogether...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Police loss of duty insurance [ 1 Answers ]

A NY policeman gets injured on the job. On his W2 in box 14 there is a symbol called LODI. Loss of duty insurance. Does this require any special treatment for tax purposes?

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Surrendering insurance policies and reporting gain (or loss) [ 6 Answers ]

I surrendered two insurance policies last year - one was a Whole Life policy and the other was a Variable Universal Life policy. The insurance company where I had the Whole Life policy sent me a 1099-R showing the gain on the policy, which I owe taxes on. The company where I had the Variable...

View more questions Search