Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    devimohan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Bharatnatyam costume
    What is the length of a bharatnatyam recital costume?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 10:31 AM
    The sari or the dhoti? The sari is ankle length. The dhoti is wrapped around the legs, and the end of it covers the back and comes to the front from the right shoulders of the dancer. This end is secured tightly on the waist of the dancer with the help of a golden or decorated belt. Between both legs another piece of cloth is stitched and looks like a Chinese fan that opens up when the dancer bends or spreads his legs during the dance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Costume Party [ 4 Answers ]

A couple was invited to a swanky family masked fancy dress Halloween party. The wife got a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the party alone. He, being a devoted husband, protested, but she argued and s aid she was going to take Some aspirin and go to bed and there was no need...

Trypsin Costume [ 1 Answers ]

I have to do a presentation to my chemistry class on the enzyme Trypsin. I need some help finding an idea for a prop or costume that I could wear. Does anyone have any ideas?

Family Costume [ 20 Answers ]

My wife, daughter and myself are attending a halloween party. Problem is we can't think of a costume to where. I was thinking of a king, queen, and a little princess :D but I heard it was already taken (my bro and his kids :mad: ) So ummm any other ideas? :D

Halloween costume [ 2 Answers ]

What should I be? I was thinking maybe a flapper or Daphine for Scooby-Doo, but I'm not exactly sure

View more questions Search