Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dee865 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 06:43 PM
    Lights do not work on the ceiling fan
    The fan will come on when using the fan switch, but when I use the light switch the lights will not come on. Is this a wiring problem or a switch problem? I would like to fix it myself if possible. The ceiling fan was put in with lights attached below in 1995 and the lights quit working about 2 years ago. Please Help:)
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2006, 08:11 PM
    Try this:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...ng-and-FAQ.php
    Dee865 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2006, 10:02 AM
    Thank you for the information link:)
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Tell me if the instructions there solve the problem. If not we'll try some other things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

New hampton bay motor not working, lights work [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I just installed a new hampton bay carriage house II 52" ceiling fan with light assembly (no remote; pull strings for lights and fan, and two position fan switch). I used the wiring from a previously existing ceiling light. I tested the wiring by running them to a grounded plug assembly,...

2 Ceiling Lights stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

Both my upstairs landing light and bedroom light have both stopped working. What ever has caused them to stop also appears to have blown the bulbs. I have changed the bulbs and checked the fuse board (not sure if that's the correct name for it) but all the switches were still on. I turned them off...

97 Honda Civic/lights and AC won't work at the same time [ 3 Answers ]

Help! My 1997 Honda Civic is acting up. It was raining yesterday and I had the AC going on defrost. When I turned my lights on, the AC went off. When I turned my lights off, the AC came back on. They won't work together. The battery is a lifetime battery, it starts up just fine, it's just...

Ceiling fan and lights go off and on [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 20 AMP circuits to my bathroom running off same circuit breaker. One circuit powers a ground fault receptacle and vanity lights. Other circuit powers ceiling fan, ceiling fan light, a ground fault receptacle and shower light. This circuit goes on and off but GF or breaker do not kick off....

View more questions Search