Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goodkarma_1 Posts: 46, Reputation: 3

Aug 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Thinking about skydiving, any experiences?
    Hi everyone-- I'm thinking about going skydiving. Does it give you that "free falling/stomach dropping" feeling or does it feel like you are floating? Im kind of scared.. ha what I am talking about, I'm really scared to do this but this is something that I've always wanted to do. Any experiences would be most appreciated. Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2008, 01:48 PM
    One time I went with my friends that sky dived. I went through the basics of them explaining everything and showing me how you have to first learn how to properly land by jumping off a wooden platform before they will let you.
    With the newer shoots I don't know if you have to go through all that but it might be worth spending a day there asking questions and getting a feel for it.

Also there are weight restrictions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2008, 02:49 PM
    It is something everyone should do once.
    Depends on the chutes but on first jump normally not a long free fall but it is an experience, go for it
    Rob_up_north Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 09:49 PM

My first Skydive was amazing. It felt like floating. And once the chute opened, it was so quiet and so still that the planet below me meant nothing at all. Its something that everyone really should try at least once. Go Tandem, it helps with the nerves to have a pro with you.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 08:09 AM
    I've been skydiving about 10 times. It's incredible. You do not have the feeling of falling. Go to a reputable place where they give you a lengthy ground lesson before taking you up. Also, go to a place that offers tandem jumps - this is where you are straped to an instructor. This allows you to jump from 15,000 feet rather than 5000 feet.

I would highly recommend you try it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Hello:

I'm a pilot. I cannot imagine why anybody would jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

excon
    fallingken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

I'm a pilot. I cannot imagine why anybody would jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

excon
    It's because they keep opening the door, besides, if you have ever been in a real skydiving airplane, you would want to get out.

I found out one day that the fan at the front of the airplane is only there to keep the pilot cool. One day it stopped spinning, boy did the pilot start sweating.

Skydiving is a blast, I have made 143 1/2 jumps, see the pilot fan story above. Only 1 reserve ride and have thousands of memories of wonderful people, places and fun times. It is truly one experience that if you have ever thought about doing, DO IT!
    applianceman Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2010, 09:24 PM
    I recommend slackers parachute packing company. They offer full refunds on all unopened chutes. Here's hopin' it'll open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weird experiences [ 9 Answers ]

I have always had this weird experiences since my teen years it would always happen to me I would be a sleeping and all the sudden I would feel my body drop onto my bed and I would wake up looking around the room wondering if someone else was in the room jumping on the bed; but after awhile the ...

Unexplained experiences [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here and I hope you can answer my questions. We lived in a house a few years back that we almost bought but really strange things happened there. Our youngest son, who was about one and a half years old at the time, saw things in this house. You could hear someone come into the...

What Were Some f Your Best/Worst Experiences Ever? [ 53 Answers ]

Self explanatory don't you think? What are some of your experiences (recent ør not so recent) that were good, bad and ugly. Experiences with family ør friends ør pets... anything goes:)

View more questions Search