Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worried_girl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 03:54 PM
    Orgasm
    I have been having sex for about a year now. In the beginning I used to have orgasms at a regular level... 50-70% of the time.
    For the past one month, I have not been getting ANY. :(
    Am worried about that.

Please advice.
    howards girl Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2006, 04:30 PM
    Sometimes worrying about it could create this problem. Sometimes if you feel like you are doing something wrong (emotional factors) may cause this.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2006, 10:21 PM
    First of all, appreciate the fact that you were having fairly regular orgasms... if you review the posts here you'll see people who have no orgasms after trying for months. So that's good news.

Lots of things can affect your ability... many tied to mental or physical state. Sometimes you need to try new or different things. Sometimes things just don't work out for some reason. I wouldn't be particularly worried... especially since putting pressure on yourself to have an orgasm can have the complete opposite effect, as the previous post mentioned.

So sometimes you need a variation from the "routine"... you can also get somewhat sensitized to some things, where it might have been enough before, it isn't now. The good news is there isn't one perfect way to achieve an orgasm... there might be certain things you like or dislike, but you can vary the routine a bit from time to time to raise things to a new level.

If you and your partner can keep an open mind... and enjoy sex as an exploration that doesn't necessarily need to always end in an orgasm, you might find you can get back to the place you were.

Sex can be a great thing that we commonly screw up in too many ways. So don't get too upset yet. Sometimes things don't work out. Roll with the punches and try something new.
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Apr 20, 2006, 10:34 PM
    Almost always there are factors that hinder people from having an orgasm. What is different now that a month ago? Did you change partners, are you regularly using a vibrator? Any emotional changes, hormonal changes, diet changes or exercise changes?

To understand and figure out a theory why this isnt happening to you, I need more info on your life. Trust me, I wouldnt want to suddenly go orgasm free so I will do my best to help you on this one. Just please give me some info to make a rational theory.

Hypatia
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2006, 06:14 AM
    Hi,
    Relax.
    Is this the same partner? Different partners? Using protection?
    Many things can enter into this. Sex is in the mind; it's a "mind-state" emotional thing. If you are not "mind set" on having sex to it's fullest, then it won't happen; maybe just small or none.
    Does your partner want you have pleasure, or is he just out for himself?
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Apr 22, 2006, 08:24 PM
    Maybe your trying to hard to achieve an orgasm that happened easily in the past. Maybe take a break for a few days and then see what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't orgasm [ 11 Answers ]

I'm a 29 year old women, married 7 years with two children. I'm asking for some advise/help on what I can do to help me achieve orgasm during intercourse with my husband (which I NEVER have). I began having sex at 16 yrs old about the same time I got pregnant and had my first child. Three yrs...

Orgasm [ 7 Answers ]

:o Ok my friend asked me to ask this question. She wants to know if anyone knows how to achieve multiple orgasms. I myself have had them but don't know how to answer that one for her. Anyone have a reply for her.

Does She Orgasm? [ 34 Answers ]

We aren't open when talking about sex. She never says mum during. Oh, maybe an occasional low hmmmm during. We both know I reach a climax, but I don't know if she does or even has. How do I approach her on this subject? What should I ask her? Like I said, she's not open about these sexual matters...

Orgasm [ 17 Answers ]

How is it that some women orgasm squirts and other don't? Is there any medication that makes women orgasm like men?

To get an orgasm [ 24 Answers ]

I have been reading up about it a lot because if you have read my other question I haven't been able to get an orgasm for 5 months of being sexually active with my boyfriend. Now the question. Does masturbating actually work? Or is buying a vibrator a way to go? Or am I just giving up to quick?...

View more questions Search