Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dustabusta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 03:53 PM
    1964 Ford Fairlane... Died and Won't start.
    Quick history. Rebuilt the car in High School. Ran for about two years. Had brittle wire problems so put the car down for about 5 years. Just rewired the whole car, rebuilt the carburetor, and replaced the ignition switch. I licensed and registered the car and drove it from my parents house to mine.

When I drove it to work the next day it died on me. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't. I'm getting fuel and air. I pulled the coil wire off the distributor and held it up to some metal to see if it sparked. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. So I replaced the ignition coil and the coil wire, but still have the same problem. Oh, yeah, the coil gets really hot. Is it supposed to get real hot? How do I tell if my ballast resistor is bad? I don't know what my problem is.
    v-star Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2006, 07:09 PM
    Sounds to me that maybe the condencer is bad, and check the points I think they are set at 18 thou. And check tha the points are not pitted if they are change them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know when my father died [ 3 Answers ]

My father was Francoise Grillot. He and my mother had an affair, and they were never married. He died before I was born. All I know is that his mom's name was Maddame Suzzanne Grillot. I want a picture of him. I have never seen what he looks like. He lived in France. I don't know what part. Can...

Would you buy a house where someone was murdered/died? [ 21 Answers ]

I just am curious what everyone thinks, would you buy a house where someone died in it recently? How about a house where someone was murdered or committed suicide? My answers: I live in a house where someone died, but peacefully of old age... I would not buy a house where someone was murdered...

1964 Tub Replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased a Swanstone Retrofit shower base. I did the measurements from the original tub drain to the wall and thought everything was going to line up. Little did I know that the drain was actually much closer to the wall studs and that it T'd to go under the tub drain. The shower base...

Sister and Good Friend Died [ 1 Answers ]

I had (2) dreams last night 11/30/2004. One where my good friend died (female). Another where my sister died. All I recall is that lots of sadness was happening. This feels so uncomfortable.. Please help me - what does this mean.

View more questions Search