Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alka_sharma30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 01:26 AM
    AVG antivirus free edition - A .bin file is missing
    When I am updating AVG antivirus free edition in my system it shows a error every time : " A .bin file is missing ".. what is this meant for.. can anyone help me
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Aug 17, 2008, 01:32 AM
    On the AVG user forum there's a thread that indicates the problem is probably a corrupt or incomplete update on the publisher's server and that the solution will require further updating by the application publisher's staff. I'm betting the same message, but the user interface indicates that the Link Scanner and Resident Shield are still operating.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 03:06 AM

Once again try to update and if still same as above. Try to uninstall and download it from avg.com and install it again...
    Check the avg update service is started or not
    Start > run > type services.msc then select the avg update service and click on the start to run services.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AVG antivirus .bin file missing [ 27 Answers ]

I have AVG free v.8.0.138 (running Vista on wireless laptop) and all of the sudden is telling me that a .bin file is missing. I tried updating but it gives me an unspecified error and tells me *update failed*. Any ideas?

Do I even need to keep ZoneAlarm since I am also using AVG Free Edition? [ 4 Answers ]

I wasn't sure exactly which topic area to put this question in - Antivirus, Firewalls or some Other... But, wanted to find out the information from the Experts in such things on this site. Am just wondering if I even need ZoneAlarm anymore since I am also using AVG Free Edition? Zone Alarm...

Avast! 4 Home Edition - FREE antivirus software? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey guys my AVG has told me that it will no longer be free. So I am now looking for some new FREE antivirus software. I stumbled across avast! 4 Home Edition - FREE antivirus software and I was wondering if it is good or not? If anyone can recommend anything else that would be great to. Thanks.

Need free antivirus for p2p files [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have Norton Antivirus 2005 but it is soon to expire. Was thinking of going to AVG. What I want is a free antivirus that scans everything including email, ingoing and outgoing, and also p2p files, as I download a lot of music. Will AVG do this, or is there another free antivirus that...

XP Home edition on Dell missing dll file [ 2 Answers ]

hi folks I try do repair xp home edition to a dell with the disk that come with and I'm getting a lot of missing dll files. After quite a few tries only the comrepl.dll is missing as the mswrd6.wpc also. I do have the files but where I should copy them? Can someone point where I should copy them?...

View more questions Search