Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmcgurn1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 06:34 PM
    How to fix grooves in the floor of my above ground pool
    We have a 24 foot round pool that has washed out sand and left big groves on the floor of what we call the "deep" end. It is located directly across from the skimmer and return. Is there any way to empty the pool completely, pull the liner back and add more sand to level it out? Then re-install the existing liner?

I also don't understand the part about using a shop vac to suck out the air between the liner and the wall of the pool.

We have fixed the washout problem by putting edging and deep mulch around the outside of the pool.

:confused: and need you're help.
    Mcgurn
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Aug 18, 2008, 07:59 AM
    To completely empty it will be a pain. You will need to pump the water out.

The shop vac trick will need to be done when re-installing the liner. Although it will be harder because you already have the cutout for the return line. But basically when you are filling the pool.. take the shop vac hose (really needs to be a small hose so if fits) and stick it in the return hole from the outside, then down at least half way to the bottom. Seal the return line hole in the liner (so you are not sucking air in from it). So as the pool fills, the vacuum will keep the air out from around the liner.

I would also suggest making sure you can get a pool liner quickly, JUST IN CASE something happens to it when you are removing it / replacing it... that way you aren't stuck for weeks waiting.

As far as the mulch. I would not use it. Since it holds water, you will be keeping water against the outside of the pool. This can make it rust sooner than normal. Rocks are better (although less attractive :( )
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 07:26 PM
    How old is that liner? If it is several years old it will shrink and get brittle within an hour once you remove the water. Liners do not last forever, I'm lucky to get 6 years from one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leveling the ground with mulch for above ground pool [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if I could use mulch to level the ground for my above ground pool. I was told not to use sand, and I have a hard time digging.

Water behind a pool liner of an above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, the liner in part of my pool is below the water level and thus water is now behind the liner. I cannot pick up the liner because it is so heavy with the weight of the water. 1. Is this hurting my pool 2. How much to replace a new liner and have it installed for a 16ft round pool ...

Laminate floor tongue and grooves do not snap together [ 3 Answers ]

I am laying glueless laminate flooring in my den on top of polyethylene sheeting as a vapor barrier. I was doing well with the project until I tried to get the tongue and groove to snap together. I have been able to get the planks connected but I do not feel or hear the snap that should occur...

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

View more questions Search