Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Apr 20, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Outlook Express for XP/How to set something
    How do you set outlook so that when you highlight and e-mail it doesn't automatically open an attachment, for security purposes?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2006, 10:44 AM
    In OE you could off the Preview Pane in View > Layout, uncheck Show Preview Pane.

The under Tools > Options, Read tab, uncheck "Automatically download message ..."

Is that what you were looking for?

Apr 20, 2006, 11:00 AM
    Yea, I am trying to off the preview pane, but when I click on view, and then layout, the preview pane section won't let me change anything, and none of them are highlited so I don't understand, I guess, why it is still on my computer. I also unchecked "automatically download message." Is it even possible to take the preview pane off in OE?

Apr 20, 2006, 11:18 AM
    Never mind, I figured it out now. Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2006, 11:22 AM
    Edit: she figured it out. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express [ 6 Answers ]

How do I retrieve files once Outlook express has Auto compacted them. I want to get information from the files that went off my screen. Is there a path to locate these files.? Aljay

Outlook Express [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running XP on my home computer. Since one of my sons "tweaked something" I can see messages (properties show full message is there) in the in box but the preview pane is empty. Similarly if you open the message the main message box is empty. If you print the e mail it shows attachments present...

Outlook express [ 13 Answers ]

hi pals i have installed the outlook express now it asks me the incomming server and outgoing server if i want to access my yahoo or gmail mails then what is my pop server and smtp server?? :confused:

Outlook express 6 [ 2 Answers ]

How can I use my outlook properly, I can't receive, can't send what is happening... please help me... :(

Outlook Express 6.0 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I just downloaded Outlook express 6.0--When I try to sign in, it asked for my password which I must have had in Outlook Express 5--but I can't remember it--How do I find out what my pasword is--can't find anything on OE about doing this--Thank u very much

View more questions Search