Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drlaser Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 10:11 AM
    93 Mitsubishi Overheats in Traffic
    My 93 Mitsubishi Expo runs good until I get stuck in traffic. Then it has a tendency to overheat especially in extended stop and go traffic. I checked the water and anti-freeze and it's okay.
    Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Apr 20, 2006, 02:30 PM
    So it seems to me that if you drive at a constant (higher) speed, you get air blowing over your radiator, cooling your temperature enough for your car not to overheat. But if you do not help the air flowing over your radiator by moving fast, your car overheats. It makes me believe there's something wrong with your radiator fan. Make sure it gets turned on when you drive the car. Perhaps drive it around somewhere and from time to time go out and listen if your fan is working. If it's not - you got to have it fixed. If it does - I have no idea :)
    drlaser Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 04:38 PM
    Thank you so much. I will checkit out. Again, Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda Civic Overheats and Engine Surges [ 5 Answers ]

The engine surges in a consistent pattern. Then, after a few minutes of driving it overheats. These symptoms appeared at the same time. At the time it overheats, I noticed that the hose from the radiator to the engine is cool with no pressure while the hose from the engine to the radiator is hot...

92 Honda Civic - engine overheats [ 2 Answers ]

3 weeks ago I changed the radiator and everything seems to be fine, 1 week ago I had to change the distributor. The problem comes right after the distributor was changed. After 5 minutes of running the engine feels warmer ( lets say it is like is overheating), and it looses power. On the express...

View more questions Search