Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2003, 11:03 PM
    MSN Messenger
    Hi,
    I use windows XP Home and IE 6. I also use MSN Messenger 4.7 and have been trying to download MSN Messenger 5.0 by saving the download to a folder on my hard drive but every time it says it is MSN 4.7 and not 5.0 I hope someone can explain why this happens and what I can do about it.

Thanks in advance.
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2003, 12:00 AM
    MSN Messenger
    Afer you save the program - do you run it to install?

If so, uninstall the MSN messenger & re-download it.

Corey
    Jim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2003, 12:37 PM
    MSN Messenger
    Hi,
    Thanks Corey! I took your advise and unintalled MSN 4.7 and then downloaded MSN 5.0 and it works fine.

Thanks again.
    QQapple Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Sep 30, 2003, 05:49 AM
    MSN Messenger
    Hey Corey.. that's a great idea! however I'm still having problems.. my problem is similar to Jim's. I have msn messenger already installed with window XP... lately I've been asked to download an upgrade to messenger 6, which I did but even after installation, it still ask me to upgrade(it won't run if I dont)

I tried uninstalling from add/remove software but I messenger was not on that list(messenger 6 was there though)

How do I uninstall messenger?

(note... I am also using msn explorer)
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2003, 06:08 AM
    MSN Messenger
    MSN Explorer probably has MSN Messenger integrated (sort of like how when you start Outlook Express, MSN Messenger comes on).

Did you try to re-download / install just in case the registry did not update properly?

Now when you say you tried to uninstall but you only saw Messenger 6 there - did you uninstall that one & then download the complete version from: http://messenger.msn.com/ - or just download the complete version & re-install. It sounds like the registry did not get updated properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MSN messenger [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Is there a way to automatically remove/uninstall MSN messenger from Windows 9x every time it is installed in a school environment?

Yahoo Messenger For Mac 8.1 [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if there is somewhere I can download Yahoo Messenger that will work with Mac 8.1 Thanks

Msn messenger [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyway that you can get msn messenger for the psp? :cool:

MSN.messenger 7.5 Arrggghhhh [ 3 Answers ]

Been having problems with this recently , Tried all sorts of stuff but still cannot get logged in . :mad: A recent response from Microsoft suggested I try the following, which I did and it worked , :D That is until the next time I logged on and back to square one, Tried to go through the whole...

MSN Messenger OR Yahoo Messenger [ 3 Answers ]

Which do you prefer?

View more questions Search