Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BWinkler Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 02:09 PM
    LG TV will not work
    My LCD TV LG model# 42lb1dr is not working properly. When I turn it on, it comes on for 10-20 seconds, then the screen goes blank and nothing works. When I press the on/off button it takes several moments for it to turn on or off. It does this with my DVD player,too. Does anyone have a suggestion on what is wrong with it. It is 1.5 years, but not under warranty so I need to access the repair value to the cost of replacing it.
    PLEASE HELP ME!!
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 30, 2008, 04:59 AM
    Hello BWinkler

You say the screen goes blank : is there still light or is it immediately completely dark ?
    Is there anything to see on the screen at the precise moment it goes blank ?

Seems to be a power problem. If it was display only, the sound would continue.
    Difficult to suggest anything without further information !

Have you already phoned the LG service desk for advice ?

Success.

:>)
    BWinkler Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 09:44 AM
    The TV stays on, there is no sound, there is still a light behind the screen, but the screen is black/grey. LG told me to uplug it to reset the TV, that did not work at all. After much research, I have found out that this is a normal problem, However, the reason varies. I replaced the TV for now, but would like to fix the LG eventually.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Maybe a bad connection somewhere last for a few moments then goes, perhaps the wiring.

It does sound like the reset, although you say you've tried that!!

I'm thinking yes your going to need a guy with all the gadgets to do some testing on the componants.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 31, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Hello BWinkler

The model is very recent and there may be still guarantee... correct?
    If so : follow up any contact with LG service by registered mail to confirm suggestions and the result of these, and to demand a proper repair.
    Just to create an archive of evidence in case of future similar problems

The problem with all these plasma and LCD screens is that repairs are normally carried out by replacing mainboards, i.e. the entire electronics, and that won't normally be done after the guarantee has lapsed.

:>)

s.khan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 12:55 AM
    I have a lg-29fu1rlx flat screen TV which I bought in 2007.yesterday it suddently went off and when I tried to switch it on its not happening only I could hear is a tee tee sound.dont know what to do.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2011, 07:37 AM
    Comment on s.khan's post
    Start your own topic and do not use text speak. Provide as many details as possible.
    davesux Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 03:51 PM
    I'm getting the same thing as of Wednesday... if anyone figures it out, lets hear it!
    patriciaj100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2011, 04:26 PM
    Mine did the same thing. Bought a new TV, put this one up to get estimate on repair, plugged it up after about 3 months and it works perfectly.
    coggielala1998 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2012, 11:12 AM
    Mine does not work it comes on for 1-2 seconds then goes completely blank and there is no sound either, plus the green light(power) stays on?? Any help would be much appreiciated
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2012, 09:17 AM
    If Not a Tech, not much you can do, But if electronically inclined, I would definitely, open up, remove Power Supply Module and Look for bulging Capacitiors. Some sets need all or most caps in power supply replaced. I think it is most common problem with these sets.
    Not all bulge.
    With an Analog Meter You can do a quick test to see if the needle swings over and drops each time you swap the leads.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2012, 08:32 PM
    Also, some LG TVs just need the "remote control input" on the back of the set cleaned out. Especially if the remote isn't working.

Use a small wire brush and some WD-40. Or just a 3.5mm connector (headphone plug for example).
    sonofyaxzi3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2014, 06:35 PM
    My TV froze with a picture and I have turned it off and let it stand for half an hour, and then turned it back on an the picture was still there

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in NH, work for MA company, if relocated to work from home, what about taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I currently live in NH and work for a MA company. So far I have been filing as non-resident MA tax. I have a possibility to relocate to my home in NH instead of the office in MA. Here are my questions: 1. Will MA taxes still be deducted from my pay? 2. Should I...

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search