Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankyie Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 09:06 AM
    Waxless ring and flange extender
    I am almost done tiling the bathroom floor and the old flange sits underneath the finished floor..
    If I use a waxless ring like the one in the picture do I still need to add a 1/4" flange extender ?

Thanks
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 20, 2006, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by frankyie
    I am almost done tiling the bathroom floor and the old flange sits underneath the finished floor..
    If I use a waxless ring like the one in the picture do I still need to add a 1/4" flange extender ?

Thanks
    Hi Frank,
    Since the flange throat is designed to slip into the closet bend and has a lip I'm begaining to wonder if the lip won't set on the old flange and stick up over the new floor. How far does the old flange set under the new floor line?
    Cheers, Tom
    frankyie Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 05:37 PM
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. Is about 1/2 " below the tile.

Regards from Frank

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lan Extender [ 1 Answers ]

I am using lan extenders and extending Intranet up to a distance of 6 km. However the link is not reliable and sync alarm glows in between.I would like to know how can I enhance the efficiency of this link. Adhish

Wedding Ring Question [ 6 Answers ]

My g/f and I are curious about the wedding ring thing. She doesn't want an engagement ring but I would like to get her one anyway. Also if anyone knows where I can find a good white gold engagement ring with diamonds inset id love your help. With the redding rings themselves. Who pays for them...

Which is the better value ring? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a choice of 2 solitiare diamond engagement rings and wish your opinions which is worth more please? Both 18k gold, one white one yellow. First one 0.21 ct round cut, f/g brilliant, clarity I1, natural earthed diamond, yellow gold. Second 0.24 oval, SI brilliance and natural earth...

Where Can I Get This Ring in USA? [ 9 Answers ]

http://www.bevilles.com.au/content/Product_Detail/Default.asp?prodid=8646 Does anyone know where I can buy a ring just like this in USA? The site above is an Australian site and they won't sell me the ring without the diamonds unless I go to Aussieville. I'm looking for a *setting only* as I...

View more questions Search