Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2006, 06:10 AM
    Interviews!
    Just wanted to share my excitement and joy with you all. I am attending 2 interviews next week for two different companies. I am one of 3 candidates to be shortlisted and make it as far as an interview. I am very nervous but excited all at the same time.

So wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed for me.

Any tips you might have for me are very welcome and will be much appreciated - it's been a while since I went through the interview process and I fear I may be a little out of touch - all I know is that I must look presentable and be myself.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2006, 07:06 AM
    Be yourself and listen carefully to the question they will pose to you. Answer with thought and commitment. Good Luck!
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Apr 20, 2006, 09:14 AM
    Good luck DJ.Dont stare at the floor or ceiling,try and always make eye contact,where possible.As you say,just be yourself.Remember to ask important questions such as company policy on promotion,salary scales,and any in-house training.Never fidget,or look bored,and for goodness sake,don't yawn. :D
    Turn up at least ten mnutes before your interview,at reception.Read up on the company,before you get there (obviously),and don't forget to ask about their penson policy,if any.It may seem daft,but in 200 years,when you retire,the state UK pension will be as useful as a wet day in Blackpool,so make sure you have a back-up plan.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2006, 06:37 PM
    Once in the middle of an interview, they asked me to tell them a joke. Well, as a young man the only jokes I knew were dirty ones! I have since added a few clean jokes to my repertoire! Also, I have found, that if you are more relaxed than them, they will think you are a GOD! Good luck-I'm rootin for you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2006, 07:36 PM
    Yes I was asked once what type of tree I would be if I was a tree.

I also found that often you are watched in the waiting room to see how you act, you are judged by which chair you sit in if there is more than one chair to set in. and so on. Also they expect you to ask questions but also already be infomed, do research on the company.

But I have had bad odds so far, I have had seveal interviews, one was for the perfect job for me, but no offers yet. Most likely being older has not helped for me. I sent out a couple more resumes yesterday.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2006, 06:27 AM
    Hi, DJ,
    Congratulations! You can do it.
    Relax, and give short answers to questions, unless they ask for more detail.
    Look at them while you are talking, and SMILE, SMILE, SMILE.
    Show them you are the person for the job with your Smile, attentativeness, and great personality!
    Good luck.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2006, 01:06 AM
    Thank you everyone, I am so vervous, but I will take on board everything you have all said ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fear of interviews,presentations! [ 11 Answers ]

I have a very disturbing nervousness problem, whenever I am going for an interview,presentation,speeches, my hands start trembling, and I can't breathe properly,I feel like my airway is constricted.. sometimes,even my legs tremble.I have really tried to overcome this,but this just happens anyway. I...

View more questions Search