Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hate_and_love Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 03:40 AM
    School is almost here and I need something to calm me down
    I'm freaking so badly. :(
    This is my last year in middle school so I'm freaking about how when 8th grade is over I'm going to high school. Another reason is mostly because my classes are advance and are very hard and they'll be time consuming and I'm very slow at learing thingss so I'm afarid I'm going to mess up. I also get sick because I have health problems that cause me to miss school a lot that I have to use my max of days I can get sick from school (like in my school if you miss school for more then 20 days there is a chance you might not pass that year) so I'm afaird that if I miss school I'm going to get bad grades and be lost and confused so badly I won't be able to catch up.
    The main reason why I'm freaking out though is because I'm trying to apply for a good high school:( so I can't get bad grades . It's like this new fancy high school to so It'll probably be hard to get into and I also am helping a friend try to get into that school but the problem is that we might not have the same classes so I'm scared that if she ask me for help I might not know the answer and she really wants to got to that school and I don't want to let her down. D:
    Anyone have any ideas that'll help me with my harder class?
    But does anyone have ANYTHING to make me stay calm because when I get to nervous or worried I can't do anything right hehe ^.^;
    Any advice would be helpful
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 03:56 AM
    Well, I can definitely identify with freaking out, being scared and not being able to concentrate because of a new situation as well as being nervous!

Are your parents involved with your applying to go to a different school and what do they think about your situation?

Thanks!
    hate_and_love Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 04:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Well, I can definitely identify with freaking out, being scared and not being able to concentrate because of a new situation as well as being nervous!

Are your parents involved with your applying to go to a different school and what do they think about your situation?

Thanks!
    Yes they know and they think it a good Idea which is freaking me out even more lol I don't want to disappoint them
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 04:11 AM
    Okay. So, your parents are involved here and you do get a lot of support and help from them. Would I be correct in making that assumption?

Your main concern with your question is just how to calm down. Would that also be correct?

Or, is there more to this than what you are telling us here?

Thanks!
    LoveisBlind Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Aug 16, 2008, 06:32 AM
    My advice would be to try out for more schools than just this fancy new one.
    You are probably freaking out for nothing, I'm sure your parents wouldn't have suggested it to you if you couldn't get in - but possibly having other options would calm your nerves.

You also need to remember that if you don't get in, that's not the end of the world. It wasn't the right school for you - and you probably wouldn't have been happy there.

Your classes won't be too difficult, if not you wouldn't have been put into them. Don't think that before you have actually tried. If you have been in school a couple of weeks and are having difficulty, then talk to a teacher about it. They are there to help, and with their advice you will understand better. They will also give you catch up work, for when you are ill. You could even ask for a tutor if you are really struggling.

About helping your friend, don't worry! Her classes are her problem, you don't need to be able to help her with everything. Help her by being a supportive friend.

School is difficult for everyone, and very stressful. Everyone feels as you are feeling now.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Aug 16, 2008, 08:47 AM
    ^^^Yeah, you are not alone with these feelings.

I had a medical condition (scholiosis) and I would miss some school. I was nervous too, going to a new school and all. But, it all worked out fine. High school has become (although difficult) routine. Sure, it takes a little more work, and the homework is more time consuming. But, just stay with the work.

And keep up the self confidence! I am sure you will do fine! High school will be the best days of your life, so enjoy them!

Keep us updated!

And HOW can you calm down?
    -visit the new school
    -meet new friends, people who will/are attending the school
    -begin studying, reviewing the subjects you feel nervous about. Review notes from previous years

hope it all works out for the best!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 16, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Hey, your parents might have plans for you that might be to big for you to deliver right now, but if you talk to them, they'll understand that and maybe let off with the pressure. They love you and want you to confide so don't show false pride because it won't help at this point.

Just tell them how you feel and ask for some suggestions from them. After all, they've been to school too and had similar stress.. so they might be full of ideas.

As for your friend.. go swimming and do exercise together, but when it comes to studies.. you do your's and she does her's. Friends should not expect you to drop your projects just to help them with their's - that's unfair.

Good luck dear, and know that you are not alone in this..

Mikky V Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 01:23 PM
    I'm going to 10 grade and I was in the same situation you are in. all I did was calm down by relaxing and instead of freakin out school think about that you'll see your frieends in school and if you were placed in an advanced class than that means your really smart, so don't worry about it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 01:40 PM
    I agree about asking for help and advice from the teachers. When I taught school, it made me feel so good to be able to help a student get over whatever crisis or difficulty had come along.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need calm nerves! [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I'm going on a casting call tommarrow for a raymour & flannigan commercial but, I'm EXTREMELY nervous. PLEASE help me calm my nerves! I'm great with everything like knowing my lines, but once I get in front of everyone, I forget. HELP?

When do lads calm down [ 9 Answers ]

I understand its probably normal for guys in their 20s to have high sex drives, but when do they calm down, and I don't mean not wanting sex as I'm sure that's never, but surely they can't go on until their dead thinking of sex all the time. Are they ever just happy with love makign or does it...

Will a diary calm my life?/ [ 12 Answers ]

Do diaries help you relax and let someone know about your feelings without telling anoyone.. should I start one? Because my life isn't perfect it kind of sucks acutally I know some people have worse but will a diary help me??

How to calm down my dog [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2yr old dog who is very hyper. Every time I let her out she squeaks, and runs down the stairs and on my way down the stairs she runs back up and jumps all over me till I let her out the door. She does this every time I let her out.

Paranoid father, how do I get him to calm down? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been friends with this girl for over a year, and I finally asked her to date me in January. Her father and I had become really good friends during the time we were hanging out, but as soon as I started dating his daughter, he flipped out and basically hates me now. He limited us to holding...

View more questions Search