Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobopel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 01:39 AM
    Calculate the concentration
    How to calculate the cocentration of NHO3( nitric acid)
    How to calculate the concentration of any compound , mixture or any élément? Which formula to use for ?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Concentration of substances is measured in mol/dm^3 (at least, in my country, I don't know if it's different in the other countries, but I'll stick to it.)

Ah, nitric acid is HNO3, I guess you made a slight mistake up there. For calculating concentration in my school problems, I do titration. Using the proper equation and reactants, I can find the concentration of nearly any substance, provided that I am given the concentration of the reactant I choose for the experiment.

For example, I have a 0.1mol/dm^3 aqueous solution of NaOH (sodium hydroxide). I titrate. Lets say that I used 25.0cm^3 of HNO3 to neutralise 25.0cm^3 of NaOH.

Using,

HNO3 + NaOH --> NaNO3 + H2O

I know that one mole of HNO3 will react with one mole of NaOH. By these values, I can easily find the concentration of the HNO3.

Hoped it helped. If you need more explanation, post and say where you can't understand very much.
    malb Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 03:43 AM
    concentration is calculated using this formula

n=cv
    then you rearrange to get c
    you need more info than just HNO3 to calaculate it

number of mol and volume
    hope this equation helps

malb

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concentration [ 3 Answers ]

How do I calculate concentartion?

Calculate concentration [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have 38.8ug/ml (u = micrograms, don't know how to get the symbol) DNA in solution. Two questions: 1) If I add 1.4ul of this solution to 18.6ul of solution what is the formula to calculate the concentration of DNA in my new 20ul solution? 2) If I want 100ng of DNA in the new solution,...

Concentration... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My problem is that I can only sit to study a particular subject for around 15 minutes. What I mean is... suppose I take a biology lesson which I have to complete learning within 2 hours. Now as I start studying... I'll learn for say around 15 minutes without many thoughts coming to my...

View more questions Search