Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Samit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 02:32 AM
    Not able to receive mails on Yahoo as well as rediffmail
    Hi,

I am sending mails through my site. Persons with hotmail, gmail account are able to receive mails, but persons with Yahoo and rediffmail account are not able to receive.

Can anyone please tell me what is the problem.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2006, 04:08 AM
    Hi,
    There could be many possibilities for this. Have you tried emailing Yahoo, askiing why? It could be Yahoo has blocked certain sites.
    Also, an ISP can block sites which they deem "spam sites", not allowing emails to be sent. The engineers of the ISP sometimes have to change "blocked addresses". Yahoo might have the same.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 20, 2006, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Samit
    Hi,

I am sending mails through my site. Persons with hotmail, gmail account are able to receive mails, but persons with yahoo and rediffmail account are not able to receive.

Can anyone please tell me what is the problem.
    Do you get the mail returned with any messages? Have the recipients checked their bulk mail or spam folders to see if the mail is there?
    Samit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 10:49 PM
    Hi,

Thanks guys for your replies.
    I got the solution. Hosting provider did not set the PTR record. After setting PTR record the problem is solved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thanks for the E-mails [ 8 Answers ]

This is another I copied and pasted, I just thought it was cute since I have had all of these. THANKS I must send my thanks to whoever sent me the one about rat poop in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet towel with every envelope that needs sealing. Also, now I have...

E-Mails [ 4 Answers ]

I need yor help. Every week I send close to 1200 E-mails to a church group and it takes me three days to do it. Yahoo only allows 99 members groups lists and only five groups per day. Is it there a faster and easiest way to do this work? Thanks. Carlos Luis

Can send but not receive in Yahoo [ 32 Answers ]

Hi all:) Have not receiving emails in Yahoo since August! Have tried sending from alternate email accounts- which initially say message has been sent, before receiving failure delivery message - but no messages received in Yahoo. Can still send emails. Don't know if it's relevant, but...

I Am Not Receiving Mails In My Yahoo Account [ 14 Answers ]

HI GUYS, I will be very grateful if someone can help me solve my problem. I have a Yahoo acount and I am sending mails from my other account to my Yahoo account and I am not receiving any mails. I also tried using the account to send out mails and it is not sending nor receiving mails. I relly...

Saving e-mails [ 2 Answers ]

Good evening all. I wonder if any of you good people can help me again. In my Hotmail account I have created a folder, and I save an e-mail in it each day. Is there any way I can "Burn" them to a disc? Would I have to save each one individually? Thanks in advance. Davidofgrimsby.

View more questions Search