Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2003, 07:42 AM
    Yahoo massanger
    Hi..
    I have problem in using Yahoo massanger for last 3 day.when I log in to Yahoo massager,I cannot connect Yahoo massage.but the same id I am using in Yahoo mail.I can connect in Yahoo mail and can do my work.I again made a new Yahoo id.by this id I can connect Yahoo massage.I was in chat room, after few min a massage came in the chat room that"you have been logoff chat,if u want to chat u have to join the room".then I disconnect Yahoo massage and then try to enter with the same id.but the massage came in the screen login problem.plz type correct id and password.I am giving the correct id and password.but I fail to connect.in other hand by this id and password I can connect Yahoo mail.Dear sir,please help me...
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2003, 03:26 PM
    Yahoo massanger
    Did you try uninstalling & reinstalling Yahoo to see if it could be a corrupt file? Also try changing your p/w to see if that will help.
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2003, 06:46 AM
    Re: Yahoo massanger
    Joy, hi, you may have a connection problem. What type of connection do you have--normal dial-up such as with AOL, DSL, or cable modem?

Almost everyone I came across who has a Yahoo account has this same problem. I, myself, have the same problem, too, and I still have the problem. :D

One possible reason is some Yahoo pages may be blocked by your computer, which has nothing to do with your e-mail account, username, or password. You mentioned you had even try creating a new ID, but that didn't work either, right? What you can do to find out if this is the reason, is search your local C: drive for something called a Hosts file and open it with notepad.

Any listings that are prefixed with 127.0.0.1 are blocked. Look through these listings for anything with yahoo.com in it. If you find any, make a copy of the hosts file with a name you'll remember, then delete the entries containing yahoo.com. Then, save and close the Hosts file. Try to sign in to your Yahoo accaount. If this doesn't work, use the copy you made of the Hosts file to restore the file. :-*

debra122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2005, 08:19 AM
    Being Scammed
    :p i oreded a laptop off yahoo auction and after i bought it there were 2 bad feedbacks which wasn't there and she is copying them off e-bay to put on yahoo and need someone to help me... the money got there on sat and i know i will never get it back and i really don't know what to do but was told i should call police and have written to yahoo but no answer as of yet

Thanks---debra
    lovergirl19ky Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2005, 03:40 AM
    Please help me with my Yahoo massager
    Quote Originally Posted by joy2003
    hi..
    i have problem in using yahoo massanger for last 3 day.when i log in to yahoo massager,i cannot connect yahoo massage.but the same id i am using in yahoo mail.i can connect in yahoo mail and can do my work.i again made a new yahoo id.by this id i can connect yahoo massage.i was in chat room, after few min a massage came in the chat room that"you have been logoff chat,if u want to chat u have to join the room".then i disconnect yahoo massage and then try to enter with the same id.but the massage came in the screen login problem.plz type correct id and password.i am giving the correct id and password.but i fail to connect.in other hand by this id and password i can connect yahoo mail.Dear sir,plz help me...
    please help me with Yahoo masager

Dec 6, 2005, 03:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovergirl19ky
    please help me with yahoo masager
    my Yahoo massager is not connecting what do I do to get it connected

Dec 6, 2005, 03:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovergirl19ky
    my yahoo massager is not connecting what do i do to get it connected
    Ant get it to sing in or nothing
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 6, 2005, 06:14 AM
    First, there was no need to post three requests for help. Second, there was no need to quote previous notes since they didn't bear on your question.

What you should have done is give us details about your system, how you connect to the Internet, what version of Windows and Yahoo messenger, what EXACTLY happens when you try to connect. Then we may be able to help.

P.S. and please delete the other notes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Yahoo [ 7 Answers ]

Is there anywhere to report innappropriate behaviour on Yahoo? Can anyone find out who I am from the computer? Please I need an answer as soon as possible.

Changing Yahoo id [ 4 Answers ]

Can I chang my Yahoo id(username"?

Yahoo/SBC [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a friend who just recently purchased a Yahoo/SBC Dial Up software CD and is having problems now. Here's the short story. She installs the software OK, but when she restarts her PC, she gets a quick "blue screen of death" (too quick to read the message) and then her PC will not boot...

Yahoo Help [ 2 Answers ]

When I go to the Yahoo help page, I get a blue screen and I have to highlight the pages to read the help items--this happens on several other pages too-just wondering why I have to highlight pages to read them--why isn't the background page white instead of dark blue?--Thanks so much

Yahoo games [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it when I click on games the page opens but it won`t let me play anything,does anybody know why

View more questions Search