Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dc0415 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Television portrayal
    :o How accurate is the typical television portrayal of an informant?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 19, 2006, 05:37 PM
    Please do your own homework. We would be happy to critique what you have done, but we aren't going to do your work for you.

Edited:
    This member posted several questions at the same time. The sum of these questions makes it obvious they are in response to a homework assignment.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2006, 06:23 AM
    Hi, dc,
    Is this part of a homework assignment? There is nothing in your question that indicates to me that it is.
    I do think some portrayals are fairly realistic, especially with some biography TV programs. But, it's a hard question to answer, since in general, many TV programs are fiction, and not necessarily based on true events.
    If the program does say it's based on true events, then it is possible the informant is portrayed in a realistic way.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2006, 07:04 AM
    Fred,
    Have you had any personal experience with informants? That would be cool.
    dc0415 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 07:23 AM
    Yes, I was a state police officer before in PR and also DOD Police and a Military Police, I think is very similar on TV's, but to have an informant take time and you need to know that person very well.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2006, 07:55 AM
    NeedKarma,
    I don't understand the point of your comment about personal experience. But, no, I have no experience in being an informant.
    The question was stated simply, and I understood it asking if portrayals of informants on TV was accurate. I still think it can't be decided one way or another, due to TV shows sometimes not depicting what really happened accurately. Yes, I do have personal experience and knowledge of a particular TV news program, depicting a protrayal of an incident in our local area a few years ago. And, no, it was not accurate of the true happenings!
    Cool!

Thanks, DC, for your post. Sounds like an exciting career you have (or had).
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2006, 09:00 AM
    I was curious if your response was based on having been in law enforcement but now I see it's just from watching TV.

Have a great day.

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

90s sci-fi television show [ 7 Answers ]

I remember a sci-fi television show from the early 90s in the same genre as Quantum Leap. All that I can recall is that the main character has a virtual, holographic secretary that "lives" in a credit-card size chip that he carries... I want to say that her name might be Velma with a V?

Television and Children [ 14 Answers ]

:) Hello Everyone, If you are like me, then you must appreciate gardening. I love my garden. While doing some gardening today I was able to reflect on how gardening is very much like nurturing a child. The garden needs to have the soil prepared and then to sow the seed and water it...

Television [ 1 Answers ]

How has television changed our society?

Television movie [ 1 Answers ]

I need help trying to track down the name of a movie that played on TV one weekend (4/1-2). I only caught the tail end. I think a man was having an affair and the girlfriend got pregnant. He caused a car accident, killing her. Not sure what happened to the baby. The very end, his wife leaves...

Television problem Please help me! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Philips Magnavox TV. It's a 27in about 3 years old.One day our cable shut off. Now my TV doesn't work. It will come on but only for a couple seconds. When its on the screen is blue w/black lines running through it then it shuts off. If any one could tell me what the problem is I would...

View more questions Search