Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nemo2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Patio Door Replacements by GAPCO
    Have sliding patio door gone bad and would like to replace it with like door but cannot find any info on GAPCO doors. I did find the company on the web but the phone number did not work. Does anyone know anything about them or if they are still in business? Also is there any other doors that would match this companies doors.

Thanks in advance for any help:)
    nemo2
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 15, 2008, 07:41 PM
    It is not uncommon to replace a door with another brand. Having never heard of this GAPCO I might lean toward Hurd, Pella, etc... Most home centers have several sliders on display. Is this the number you tried? Office: (770) 534-7928

Aug 16, 2008, 05:58 AM
    ballengerb1, thanks for the reply. I have tried Pella and other manuf. But no luck so far. What we have is a gree/brown color door with 3x6 panes as one of our patio doors and since we would like to keep both doors the same (or as close as possible) we are trying to find something to match. The other door is in perfect working condition so we don't really want to replace both. I have not tried that number and will the first of next week. We thought we had something at Lowe's last night but did not work out.

Thanks Again
    nemo2

Aug 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Did you try the number I had for Gapco?

Aug 17, 2008, 05:52 PM
    I have not tried the number you provided as yet. I plan to this week as soon as I get a little time.

I am not sure the reason for you next statement, maybe some people rate things before they should, is that the reason??

Any questions you need to ask please feel free to do so, my interest is to figure out what is my best path to resolve my door problem.

Thanks Again
    nemo2

Aug 17, 2008, 07:35 PM
    If you are referring to this "If I ask you some questions its because I need more information before I can help you. Please do not "rate" my questions. If I answered your question and my answer helped, please click Rate this Answer below. Thanks! " That is not part of my answer, it appears on all of my posts as a general statement explaining on when someone can rate me. I have had too many folks give me a rating when all I did was ask a clarificatioon question. Sorry to confuse you but I think you figured it out on your own just fine. Bob
    penguinses Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 08:37 AM
    My wife and I had a sunroom which used GAPCO double-pane, tempured sliding and fixed glass panels.

We've had work done on the house, and had the sun room taken out. Still have the glass and screen panels; getting ready to list on Craig's list. We are in the Norfolk, VA. Area.

If you are interested, please let me know.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by nemo2
    Have sliding patio door gone bad and would like to replace it with like door but cannot find any info on GAPCO doors. I did find the company on the web but the phone number did not work. Does anyone know anything about them or if they are still in business? Also is there any other doors that would match this companies doors.

Thanks in advance for any help:)
    nemo2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gapco windows parts [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for replacement parts for gapco aluminum windows ?

Gapco double pane window leaks [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought a house in Tennessee that was built in 1991. The house has the original windows and the name on the frame of the windows is Gapco. I have never heard of this manufacturer of windows. Does anyone know where to buy replacement windows from th is manufacturer?

Hormone replacements [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if there are any women who have or are going through menopause? My mom just had a hysterctomy and wanted to know if there are any natural hormone supplements that she can take that might work as well as what she would get from the doctor? Her doctors tell her there aren't...

Gapco Windows [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts for Gapco windows? Are they still available? Or as another company taken them over?

View more questions Search